Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My muskie landing platform design (custom for pontoons)
I have designed a landing platform for my pontoon to protect my inflatables from the toothy fish. This can easily be moved from one side to the other and is attached by some pretty sturdy straps.

No dimensions here as I didn't measure. Just kinda threw it together. Right now it is using a thin wood however on Friday I am replacing the wood with a plastic sheet since the wood is too heavy. The 2x2 inch piece will remain wood.

See below diagram of pieces.

[Image: Landing_Platform-pieces.jpg]

Below is a draw up of a side view of the entire project put together.

[Image: Landing_Platform-side-view.jpg]

Below is how it is positioned on the pontoon.

[Image: Landing_Platform-toon-profile.jpg]

Once I re-fashion this to use plastic instead of wood I will take photos and post them.

The idea here is to bring the fish to the side with the panel and use needle-nose to pry the lure from its toothy grips without physically picking up the fish and taking it out of the water.
[signature]
Good idea!!! Wrong forum [url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url]. You can also attach a mini fork lift to the side plate with a net bedding and gently lift the monsters from the water. [url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('crazy')"][crazy][/url]
[signature]
[reply]Good idea!!! Wrong forum [url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url]. You can also attach a mini fork lift to the side plate with a net bedding and gently lift the monsters from the water. [url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('crazy')"][crazy][/url][/reply]

Or a robotic arm that clamps down on the fish to keep it from squirming. Titanium metal of course. Wink
[signature]
looks like an ok idea but when it comes to trying to unhook a musky i might get lucky enough to catch from my tube i'll tow em to shore and unhook it there are just to many sharp teeth and treble hooks for me to play with !
[signature]