Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek
Has anybody been to Lost Creek lately? If so how was it? I heard the bigger fish hang out in the back of the lake! Any truth to this?
[signature]

[signature]
I don't have any recent info but the last time I was there, a month ago or so, we trolled back in the inlet area. We only caught smaller trout but we never went all the way to the shore near the inlet. I would be very surprised if there were any big trout in Lost creek, there could always be the chance of some fish up to 14 inches but bigger than that would be very unlikely. Have you heard some stories of bigger fish being caught? WH2
[signature]
there where some big fish caught threw the ice and they where all caught by the dam
[signature]
I remember reading that report from you guys last winter but in my opinion that was a brood stock fish, just like the fish they are catching in Willow pond. Since they drained Lost creek there is no way a trout could have grown that big in such a short amount of time and the streams that feed Lost creek could not keep a trout that big in them for any length of time. Big trout will go up stream to spawn but will not stay in a stream that small very long unless there are some deep holes, from what I've seen of Lost creeks inlet streams they could not hold any large fish but hey, anything is possible. WH2
[signature]
[cool]Wiperhunter2, how long ago did they drain it? It must have been longer than 4 years ago, because I know people that fished it then. I was at the BFT ice party last year at Lost Creek, and YES there ARE not just big, but HUGE fish in there! Just ask Chris (aquaman). He's the one that hooked into that monster. That fish was easily 10 pounds. Probably 30 inches in length and very fat as well. I've been told that Rainbows put on size quite quickly if the conditions are right. I've read that it only takes 4-5 years for a bow to get up to that size if the conditions are right. Most of the fish in Lost Creek are pretty small, but that's not to say that there's still a few LUNKERS roaming around in there!
[signature]
I was thinking it was 3 or 4 years ago when they drained the lake, I could be off by a year but I don't think it's been five years. If they planted brood stock fish that were four or five pounds when the lake was filling they could be ten pounds by now. With lots of little planters to eat those fish could grow big but I'd have to say there can't be too many of them. Lost creek doesn't have a lot of food in it that is why they have to plant it so much, it's also the reason the fish don't grew big. You are right though, if given enough time there will always be a few big fish in any lake. Years ago I caught an 8 pounder from Lost creek that was around 27 or 28 inches, so I know they can get that big in there. All I'm saying is that most of the fish will never get big in that lake. WH2
[signature]