Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BL Marina 10/22/04
Fished the Bear Lake Marina again last night. There were lots to folks on the south side. We got there about 8:30 pm and started on the east side of the breakwater. It seemed different last night in that I saw almost no fish along that side until I got over to the channel. It seemed there were less fish in general last night. Because of the number of people on the south we left and went on the north side were we could have some elbow room.

I know I still have a lot to learn about fishing at the marina but I did manage to catch two fish. The first on was a small male and the second this female. I did not tape or weight it, I'm guessing it was 25-26" and 6-7 lbs.

This is my third trip and to date. I have caught 5 macks with this female as the biggest so far this year.
[signature]
Nice fish, you have been doing better than we have on our last three trips to the Bear. We have been fishing from a boat, but have only managed four with the largest going 21 inches. We were out there today and got one pup on the Rock pile but I would say by the number of fish we saw on the finder, the fish are in full spawn. The macks are stacking up but I think the big ones haven't moved in yet or maybe we just can't catch them. Maybe next week things will improve. We followed MGB and Hellsangler up to the lake this morning and they fished in the same area we did. I was fishing with Wiperslayer and Kentofnsl, it was good to get out there with you guys. WH2
[signature]
[cool]Those are some nice looking fish there, KJ. So, it looks like white tube jigs did the trick today? Were you using sisco meat tipped on there, or a worm?
[signature]
Here is an update. I went again last night 10/23/04 for a couple of hours. We got there at about 10:00. There were 5 or 6 guys on the south and 4 on the north. The water was very murky due to the wind. It was still raining but tapering off.

We started using white mister twister type jigs. I caught 1 small male and hooked and lost one more. My son Jaren caught one about 5-6 lbs and hooked and lost one as well.

Wh2, I'm sure you guy will start getting into them. In a month you guys with boats will be tearing thing up and I'll be green with envy. Hang in there.

Out4trout, I switched from a glow to just a plain white twister.
[signature]