Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
learn to Ice fish
Just about a month until Ice on and last year the BFT ice class was a big success at lost creek, we could not keep the fish off.
I am thinking we could do another class the first week of december. For beginners with the fishing trip open to all to come hang out and have a good time.
We will do a 2hr. class during the week then the fallowing saturday we will meet at a lake to try what we learn. The most it will cost is a couple dollar for lures and bait and gas money to get there.
Reply to this post if you want to have success on the ice.
[signature]
Last years ice gathering at Lost Creek was a blast. I definitely would be down to do it again!!!
[signature]
I'll be there,
[signature]
[cool]I went to this class last year as a novice at ice fishing that thought I kind of knew what I was doing, and came away from this class, realizing that I really didn't have much of a clue about ice fishing before the class! James was awesome, and taught me quite a bit. If I remember right, he didn't even charge, and had donuts afterwords. Hell, I'd go back just for the donuts![Wink]

Seriously though, if any of you are rookies to ice fishing, or if you've been doing it for a year or two, but wonder why you get skunked or almost skunked everytime you go out, COME TO THE CLASS. You will learn a lot, and your success rate will drastically INCREASE. I caught a lot more fish after the class for the rest of the year. I never got skunked once after that class except for the BFT ice party at Rockport, but there was like 200 people all in the same area, with 4 wheelers and snomobiles going by, and people stomping around everywhere, so I think that had a TON to do with it. Plus we weren't out very far either.

James, don't know if i'll be at the class in the store (depending on work) but I'll probably be out on the ice with you guys. Who knows, maybe Chris (Aquaman) will hook back up with the Lost Creek Monster again![Wink]
[signature]
Me and FISH1ONJR would be interested.
[signature]
My son and I would be interested. It's something we want to learn!
[signature]
Oh Yeah! Hookedchica GGRRRRRBABY
[signature]
I would loooove to attend an ice fishing class.
[signature]
Me and my family would be interested .Dont know about making the class during the week but for sure be fishing on a saturday.
[signature]
Count me in.
[signature]
[cool] The wife and I would be down with going
[signature]
Depends on when the class is and when we go out to test our knowledge but I'll try to be there!
[signature]
[cool]Careful, bro. Her dad sometimes posts on here[Tongue] (but i forgot what his moniker is).
[signature]
I would be interested since I have never been on the ice let alone fished on it. Where and when would the class be?
[signature]
[cool]I can answer one of those questions. The where is Hooked Fishing Tackle (thus the moniker of HFT-James owns it) in Kaysville. It's on 575 N. Main Street on the west hand side. Take the Kaysville exit off I-15 and head east till you get to Albertsons. Make a left at Albertson's (main st. stop light) and continue North for about a mile or two and it will be on the left (west side of street).

Great little tackle shop. It's little, but James has pretty much everything you need, and the service is great, and the prices ain't bad either!

How's that for a plug, James? Maybe I should get some free tackle for the ad? J/k.[Tongue]
[signature]
Ok how about dec. 2nd for class the saturday after that will be the fishing trip. We will do the class at the store and the fishing trip will be set to a location at the time of class so I can pick the best place to learn. time:6 pm to 8 pm for class fishing trip 8 am until you are tired of catching them. cost is free. This class is for rookies,no experts allowed except on the fishing trip. The purpose of the class : to have a dang good time
[signature]
whats icefishing?[crazy] Do the lakes in utah actually freeze?[crazy] i guess i need to try this icefishing[Wink]
[signature]
I've seen you Ice fish petty! you need a remeeeeedial class[pirate][angelic]
[signature]
T.D. hookedchica and angel do not belong in the same sentance[Wink]
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, I've seen him ice fish before too, and I agree with HFT!!
[signature]