Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake report (10-30-04)
Fished bear lake today with Fish1on. Launched the boat at 7:00am, the water was calm so we headed over to the rock pile. Fish1on hooked up a really nice mac it weighted 13lbs plus an 8lb and a smaller one that was about 2lb. I ended up catching two 8lbs and a 7lb mac. We had many other fish swim up to our jiggs but they would not hit.

All fish where released.
Surface temperature was 51.
[signature]
MGB and I have been trying to hook up for over a year now to go fishing. What a way to start off!

As Mike said, we started out at 7 am. There was a few folks fishing the rocks at the marina but no boats out. We cruised over to the pile in search of the Big Mack. My personnal goal was to bust the 10LB mark befor the end of the year. We were barely anchored off when I got the first 8lber on. Mike was an excellent guide to get us on fish. We no sooner released the Mack and as I was dropping my jig back in I was thinking that this fish might be the big one for the day. Much to my surprize, I am hooked up again! This fish bent my rod hard and I had to adjust my drag to get it in. I yelled to Mike, "Fishon, and I think it's bigger than the last". Now I'm thinking, this guy is going to throw me off his boat for getting back to back fish. Not Mike, he comes back with a vengence!! He lands two 8 LB'ers and a 7 LB'er to be one up on me. I return with a little pup and a stinky sucker to finish up our day. I showed him!!! LOL

Great day on the pond and great company.
Thanks again Mike!!

P.S A few more pic's of Mikes Mack's attached
[signature]
Nice report and fish guys , Wish I could of been there .
[signature]
Way to go Pat and Mike. It looks I was fishing a week too early.
[signature]
Great report guys, I sure wish I could have made it up there today. The way the fish were moving in there last weekend I thought it would be good today. How were the roads going over the pass? WH2
[signature]
Mike and Pat, Very nice fish and great report. I need to get up there myself.
[signature]
Thanks for the great report! Sounds like you guys had an awesome day up there. I'm glad the weather behaved for ya.
[signature]
The roads where not too bad there was a little snow at the top of the canyon. The winds never did get as bad as it was last weekend.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3]Nice job you two. Great report and pics! Man, I wish I'd gone up. [/size][/#800040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3][/size][/#800040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3]Mike, did Pat do the "angle dance" when he hooked up with his new record 13 pounder? [/size][/#800040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3][/size][/#800040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800040][size 3]Again, nice report guys.[/size][/#800040][/font]
[signature]
Yes he did. I was celebration time for him. Now he has set another goal for himself, a 15lber.
[signature]
OLD COOT,

I am still grinning ear to ear and if there was snow near by I would have done my angel

I forgot to mention.. We were the first ones on the pile but not soon after there was up to 5 boats there. We spoke with BLM a few times and Mike new the folks in another boat. The lund that was out there had a great day as well. They landed a half dozen or so but not sure on sizes. Mikes friends got into some battery troubles and BLM came to there rescue. Thanks BLM. Another older boat with three younger guys were asking us lot's of questions but they never could hook up and left for the day. Most folks were jigging except for one boat that was trolling spinners. We planned on getting off the water around 1 but we desided to stick it out longer. Ended up being the last boat out around 4 pm.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Those boys in the Lund caught several more fish than a half a dozen. Twice I saw them with a double hook up. They never took the fish out of the water and released them quickly after getting them to the boat. They, by far, had the best day on the water that I could see.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I personnaly saw the half dozen and agree that there were alot more that I did not see. They definitly had the hot spot and proper presentation. I kept looking over to try to pick up a few pointers. Mike and I noticed that the fish were on the move quite a bit. We kept relocating to stay on top of them but I wonder if sitting tight like the Lund guy's did would have been a better choice?? Our fish to time ratio might have been higher.

We netted all our fish and quickly unhooked and took pictures before releasing them. All our catches swam off easily and safely.
[signature]
[#6000bf]I hope you didn't pull a Predator(he screamed like a little girl and tried to break dance on my front deck). Very nice fish. [/#6000bf]
[#6000bf] I'm going to have to rob a bank for some gas money to get up there and me a 20lber.[/#6000bf]
[signature]
and there it gos see what i missed? haha great job up there. wish i could have been there. how about next week?
[signature]