Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New World Record
Here is an email I got from a buddy that is... well you be the judge..
[size 2]
This bull was taken on the San Carlos Indian Reservation in Arizona. It's green score was 505. If the score holds up, it will most likely be declared a new world record. There is, however, some controversy surrounding the elk..
B&C is supposedly investigating the legality of the kill before considering its entry into the record book. They think (?) it might have been
called in electronically. No additional information on that allegation is known at this time (except by those involved in the controversy).
Regardless of B&C findings, big is big and antlers are antlers ... even if it tripped on a banana peel and broke its neck you can't make the animal less majestic.
The Shipsey bull[/size]
[signature]
What a monster![shocked] I hope the controversey is resolved and the animal is given its record. What a awesome mount he will be.
[signature]
WOW, what a find! I hope it was all done leagally. It doesn't look like they left enough of the cape for a full head mount. Too bad, but at least they can do the antlers. Al
[signature]
What do you mean? The cape has allready been removed.
That is an awesome elk. San Carlos is a high priced area and you can see why.
[signature]
holy $%#@ what a bull.
i hope they got it legally
i would have to build on the house so i could have it on the wall
[signature]
What a great animal! Thanks for hooking us up with a pic.
[signature]
WOW, i would love to have that hanging on my wall
[signature]
The question on electronic calling of the elk isnt whether they got it legally. Its legal to use electronic calls, but for Boone and Crockett entries there are a whole bunch of other rules that apply. Just last year aworld record grizzly from Alaska was disqualified because the hunter drove thru a stream. And there will be whole bunch of new record book animals in Pope and Young after they changed one of their rules on allowed let off on a bow. Most bow hunters dont know their bows have more let off then Pope and Young allowed. Its silly rules like this that alot of record book animals never get their due.

Anyways its a exceptional record in my book.

John
[signature]
[size 1]"after they changed one of their rules on allowed let off on a bow" Mind explaining what you just wrote?[/size]
[signature]
that bull was killed six years ago. i lived in phoenix the year it was shot. talked to alot of people in the little hunting cirlce down there. they said the same thing about several odd and controversial rumors that had been brought up.
[signature]
"allowed let off" the cam system of a compoud bow allowing for poundage to be reduced as you pull it back. enabling you to hold 70 lbs at full draw at only 45lbs or so depending on the left off.
[signature]
65% let off is more then fair.
[signature]