Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reels
What is your favorite reel and manufacturer?
I like the Abu Garcia AmbasSador series reels and the quantum spinn casting reels.
[signature]
Thanks for the help with the login. My favorite reels are the SA System 2 reels for fly fishing. I have never had any trouble with then and have used them very very hard.

Bill
[signature]
No problem Bill, thats why I am here![Smile][Smile]
[signature]
My favorite spinning reels are my shimano symetre and spirex. My favorite fly reel is an orvis. My favorite baitcaster is a penn. About half my reels are shimano's so they are probably my favorite manufacture.
[signature]
I love my Teton Tioga fly reel with the ability to micro adjust the drag. For big game like Salmon I also like the abu garcia ambasSador 6501 series but would love to try the shimano calcutta 400 series. I also like small closed face trigger spin reels for trout fishing because they fit on a fly rod and cast well on a fly rod for those times you don't want to fly fish. That way you only have to carry 1 rod and two reels for all trout occasions. Something I learned from my G'pa many years ago fishing Island Park reservior and then Henrys Fork.
Bigcat
[signature]
I've tried Penn,Mitchell,Pflueger,Abu Garcia and Shimano. The lower end Shamano inpressed me years ago that I bought a Stradic two years ago and will get another one this winter. They are smoooooth.
[signature]