Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water levels at pinview
[size 4]Hey musky man, or anyone else who has been up to pineview recently. Bear lake mack and I will be hitting the muskies tuesday, I havent been up there since like late june or early july. Just wondering what the water levels are like and how the fishing has been. Have they begun thier fall feeding binge? Are the fish deep due to high water temps? Any info would be great.[/size]
I don't know how the fishing is but I drove by yesterday and the water levels are extremely low. I seen 3 boats trolling along the shore up in the narrows and I'm sure they were fishing for muskys. One thing to consider is that you can't drive accross the dam so you would have to launch at cemetary point.
[signature]
Like Skeeter mentioned, the water is very low. We had some great success a week ago fishing for the toothy critters. We went up after work so we only had a couple hours to fish. We didn't think we would have time to launch the boat so we fished from the bank.

I was pleasantly surprised to have some great success considering we only had a couple of hours of fishing. Since you have to launch at the Cemetary Point ramp, just stay right there in that area. We fished from the bank and had six hookups. We broke off two and landed four, the biggest of which was 40 + inches. Surprisingly, they took 2-1/2 inch red and white Daredevils. Don't forget your steel cable leaders. My buddy lost the two because he is not used to fishing for Muskey and only had six pound line. The fish were all right around and literally on the boat ramp. It was drizzly out and there was no boats coming or going. We had the place to ourselves. Good luck. Hook'm pretty.

J.
(GoFish)
[signature]
Hey Predator,

I would like to try for them muskies,I have never caught one on purpose,caught one or two perch fishing that broke us right off,But never really went after them,What do I need to fish for these guys,and is this the time of year you can get them,with the low water are they easier to catch,any info would be great thanks.

Tight Lines.

Tony.[Wink]
[signature]