Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho Fishing License Fee Increase
Basically the F&G is proposing to increase resident fishing licenses from $23.50 to $26.50 and nonresident fishing license from $74.50 to $84.50. I would be surprised if the fee increase doesn't happen but you never know.
What do some of you think about the fee increase? Personally I think it is a good idea but can also see how it can make someone upset when the F&G are driving around more expensive trucks than most of us drive. I also know several people (residents and nonresident) that would fish in Idaho at least a couple times a year if a fishing license didn't cost so much.

Here's a link.
[url "http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/news/top_story/fee_proposal/proposal.cfm"]http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/news/top_story/fee_proposal/proposal.cfm[/url]

Here's a link to a table that I found interesting. It compares the price of fishing and hunting in western states.
[url "http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/news/top_story/fee_proposal/comparison.pdf"]http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/news/top_story/fee_proposal/comparison.pdf[/url]
[signature]
I would support an increase if the money was used solely for our fisheries and the people that work them. The costs to operate any business or institution has increased but our wages have not!!!
[signature]
ive had a season non res license for the last 3 years now. i personally dont like a increase myself but. i can say the fish and game do their job very well in idaho compared to utah where you never see a conservation officer. i would pay the extra fee but just seems that everythign is always going up yet most of that money gos to places that i would never see a benefit.
[signature]
I do not mind paying a little more for my license but my wife did not buy a non-resident Idaho license this year. We will both be residents again this year in January. Thank goodness! The serious fishmen will always rationalize the price, but what about the person who is new to the sport?

Windriver
[signature]
i believe that is why so many increases are made in the last few years. so many new people to the sport, since they didnt know what cost of licenses use to be they dont squabble about it. nevada one day fishing license is now $17 idaho one day $10.50. to me that is getting too pricy. especially when you remember 4 and 5 dollar one day license fees.
[signature]
It's always all about the money! They will continue to raise the prices as long as we all keep buying the license. The day is quickly coming, when fishing and hunting is just going to be for the rich people. And that is to bad! bad for us and the end for the fish and game in all the states. I talk to people all the time that quit fishing and hunting because of the cost. Just my two cents!
[signature]
i agree with you there maniac. my question is just this. when and where does it all end. how much can it keep going up.
[signature]
I don't think it will ever end!
[signature]
goin through my fishing tackle i just realized i have some of your salt sticks and didnt even know it. been using them for about a year. bought it from anglers den.
[signature]
And how have they been working for you?
[signature]
i have caught perch bluegill and largemouth on them. they work real good. im not much of a worm fisherman but when i use them and figure out the technique for that day they work great.
[signature]
I'm glad you like them Xman. I will be making a heavier salt stick next spring. with some super fine salt, they seem to have more flexability, and last longer. What colors are you using?
[signature]
i mostly use white and purple. and i think a pink color. i also have the two tone green and white i believe. i found white does it most days.
[signature]
Just read through this read tonight. Thought I would cast my thoughts into the pool here.

I look at it two ways. First of all, I am in favor of the rate increase. I will cross my fingers and just pray that the money is used in the field for our waters that need it or for inforcement of the current regulations. Idaho waters are beautiful places to fish. I feel blessed to live in Idaho and have the opportunity to freely choose where I want to fish and what species I fish for, as long as it is not private property etc. Besides, I could blow the same amount of money taking the grandkids to the local fast food restaurant for kids meals or by spending the entire weekend watching movies rented from the local video hangout.

On the other hand, if I am an out of state person who likes to have the opportunity to fish in Idaho, I probably am wincing (is that a word?) right now at coughing up a few more bucks to fish in Idaho. Got to factor in the high cost of gas to come to Idaho also.

Thanks for allowing me to provide my thoughts,

[signature]
Reading thru this post has given me alot of mixed feelings. This coming year will be the third year that i have had a non resident fishing pass in Idaho. The $75 hurts now,but I sure get what I pay for. The only time I EVER see F&G officers is in Idaho, I have heard of them in Utah but I never ever see them. I like the fact that F&G officers are out enforcing our right to great fishing. Maybe that is why some good fishing holes in Utah has gone way down hill. Maybe with this increase I can get rid of my Utah and save me $15. I can travel less time and find a good hole in Idaho than I can in Utah.

Well I will quit muttering. In summary I have mixed feeling, but for the most part I think the money will be managed properly.
[signature]
Yes, even if they increase the non-resident license to $84 I would "cough up" the money to buy it. It is easier than paying the $10 for a day license every time I go to Idaho to fish. I have found the Idaho fishing to generally be a lot better catching than in Utah. If my buddy for the day has an Idaho license then I generally try to go there and fish in Utah if he doesn't as the second choice. I have enjoyed chasing the wipers on Willard this year though that I can't get in Idaho, so we do have a few options going for us here. Acey
[signature]