Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT shotgun set up get together shoot
ok saturday dec 18 2004 noon at lee kay center shotgun range.
I like to have everyone that think they might want to start up a monthly shoot to come and help plan it out. then we would have a few rounds of shooting. I think it's like $4 a round to shoot but I'll let you all know for sure on that.

For all those that don't have a gun and would still like to come. I will have a gun or 2 that some of you could use. and if you have never shot a shot gun I can try and help show you how and I'm sure there are others that would love to help out someone new.

so come one, come all out and lets have some fun. oh and yes I will have a few door prizes to give out. and working on getting some for each monthly shoot.
[signature]
Norm I will be there. I will probably be able to bring a couple extra shot guns as well. It is 4.00 per round of trap. If we have enough commitments we may be able to get a group rate.
[signature]
i will try to be there. Where is this lee kay center range??

cyas
rc
Hey nomoose I would love to help but I have to work every sat so I cant even shoot :{ if there is something I can do from the comp or something to help let me know.
[signature]
sorry you have to work on saturdays. If I can think of something I'll let you know, thanks for your support.
[signature]
Hey i am interested in getting a shotgun.Probably getting one with tax returns hopefully i get a big return! Since you know a lot about shotguns my question to you is what is a good brand and what is better a 12 or 20 gauge and whats the difference in them.I want to get me a pump instead of a single action one.Also i have seen some 12 gauge for $259 is that a good price?
[signature]
It all depends on how much u wanna spend they semi auto which are very nice I would go with a Benelli super black eagle or the browning gold if semi the way u go. if u wanna go pump and cheap go with a remington 870 express or alittle higher up would be a Benelli Nova. If u want the best price on a gun go to Payson sports and trophy they are usually the cheapest around.
[signature]
the biggest difference between a 12 and 20 is the amount of shot you in a shell. they have the same power but the 12 has more shot then the 20. as for a gun I like the rem 870 pump,and mossberg 500 pumps for the price and they will last you a long time if you take care of them. you can pick them up for under $300 I also have a rem 1187 semi auto that I love but they start out around 650. if you can make it out next weekend I'll have some you can try to see what you think. just bring some shells. "12"
[signature]
Wish i could make it but i work until noon.Gonna have to get together with you guys and do some shooting someday.
[signature]
OK I kind of need a head count for who all is going to be coming on saturday 18
[signature]
Hey norm i saw a 870 remington pump 12 gauge shotgun that shoots all 3 types of shells for $299 is that a good deal?
[signature]
if it's new it's a good deal. is used have someone that knows a bit about guns take a good look at it.
[signature]
Hey Norm i got me a mossberg 12g .Got it at wallyworld for $179.I put the barrel in now i dont understand about the chokes .I read the manual but it seems like all japanese to me since i dont know what they are talking about.Its my first shotgun and i dont want to mess it up .It shoots the 2 3/4 inch and 3 inch .It came with 2 chokes .Where do they go and which one do i use? The manual is very confusing for someone new to shotguns!I bought 2 boxes of 2 3/4 shells to start out with. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!
[signature]
Hey Ocean,
Congratulations on your purchase of the shotgun. Choke tubes screw into the end of the barrel, (were the shot charge exits the gun, the end you do not point at yourself)[Wink]. You may have a full choke and an improved choke. What they do is concentrate the shot as it exits the barrel. The full choke is the most restrictive putting out the denses pattern. The improved, if that is what you have, is not as constrictive as the full choke but still concentrates the shot coming out of the barrel. Full coke is good for hunting turkeys and upland bird, the improved is good to use at the skeet range. it can also be used for hunting. The full choke will give you more of a kick when fired depending on how hot your load is. Does that make it as clear as mud for you? If you would like to get together I could teach you how to shoot it.
[signature]
Congrats Ocean. What model did ya get, sounds like the 500. Solid gun. Anytime you would like to get together and shoot it, let me know. I have a trap thrower that goes into your 2" towing reciever that is very fun to use just about anywhere you want to take it. I believe that model comes with the modified and full choke and they do screw into the end of the barrel, do not shoot the gun without a choke tube installed at all. You were also given a tube tool that you use to remove and install your tubes, there are slots in the tubes at 180* apart like a flat blade screwdriver that you use. Do not install the tubes with alot of force or you will ruin the tube and your barrel.
[signature]
good for you I think you'll love the gun. looks like the others answerd what you needed to know. I like to use the mod tube the most but get a big sheet of card board and shoot all of them at it in differnt spots and see how the work best with your gun "shoot it around 30 yards away.
[signature]
Yes its the 500 mossberg 12 gauge.I would like to get together with you guys that know about shotguns and do some shooting.I want to get into some bird hunting this year .I only have experience with .45 ,m16,m60 and 50 cals from when i was in the military.
[signature]
Hey i got to fire off my shotgun sunday it was awesome! Gonna go get a little more practice this weekend. Looking forward to some bird hunting this year!
[signature]