Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make your own ice shelter
Acouple of years ago I put together a simple shelter that I made out of PVC pipe and a plastic tarp and duct tape. It's 5' X 5' X 5' with "doors" on each side. Plenty of room for 2 people sitting side by side in lawn chairs, and a Coleman lantern for heat and light. The only drawback is the heat will melt the snow and you'll have a puddle of water, so bring something to keep your feet above the water, like some plywood. Or drill your 2 holes, brush away all the snow, then set your shelter over the cleared area and tie it down so it doesn't blow away. I can't believe I didn't make it sooner. Some of the pvc joints are glued and some push together on site so it's portable. The "tent" just slips over the pvc frame. I'm going to set it up in the back yard for practice, and I'll take some pictures and post them in case anyone is interested. It's very cheap (like me) and works GREAT! And it's extremely light weight compared to the commercial ones.
[signature]
When you said cheap you hooked me. I look forward to seeing the pictures and more on how to build it.
[signature]
Cheap and easy?!? Are we related?[laugh] LOL

Let's see this work of art.
[signature]
I'm with cutisfish on that, cheap and easy thats my style too.
I cant wiat to see the pics.
[signature]