Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake leaves and impression ... 12-10-04
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Hooked up with Fishingwaters early this morning and drove the long drive to Bear Lake. Upon arrival at the State Marina we were greeted by BearLakeFishGuy. After a little chat we launched at about 8:00 AM. It was nice to see wide open water all the way from the ramp out to the lake. The ramp was slushy with some ice under the slush. But near the water, there were some bare spots so we decided to give it a go. No problem at all. I forgot to bring a snow shovel and ice melt but as it turned out, we didn't need them. (I will, however have them with me tomorrow.) Here is how the marina looked when we arrived:[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][inline Arrive-at-ramp.jpg][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]The weather was mild and only a slight breeze. We didn't dress up with all the cold weather clothes we brought. That was an OK choice except for when we were going full speed ahead … still pretty cool. I didn't wear my big boots and my feet got a little cold.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]The outside air temp stayed at about 39 degrees all morning and the surface water matched it identical at 39 degrees also.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]We fished the rock pile for about three hours without a bite. Because we had to leave by noon we were starting to talk about leaving when this little native cut changed our plans:[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][inline Ralph-cut.jpg][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Then Paul hooked up with his first fish of the day … another native:[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][inline Paul-cut.jpg][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Well, we were just getting ready to leave when Paul started to arm wrestle with yet another finned friend … this nice 31 inch 10 lb mack:[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][inline Paul-mack.jpg][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]All of our fish were caught within about 45 minutes … 11:15 - 12:00 and then we headed off the lake with Smiles on our faces.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]The ramp was melting and leaving was no problem … no slipping at all.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][inline Ramp-Leave.jpg][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]As we were leaving we were visited by a park ranger. Good news ... he says that they will soon have new benches in the rest rooms to sit on to change clothes. He also gave me (Bait_Caster) permission to build and install a 6 foot long coat hanger rack too! BC, lets get it done while it's on their mind.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]It was such a nice day up there today, I think I will try it again tomorrow. Bait_Caster, can I twist your arm to join me?[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Thanks much to Mr. Waters for joining me for a fun morning of fishing the big blue. You are a good fisherman Paul. My turn for a mack tomorow![/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Sounds like it was a great day on the water, even if the action wasnt fast and furrious.
[signature]
Great report! Great pictures too! I'm looking forward to giving BL another shot after it hard tops.
[signature]
Nice fish guys! Do you plan on trying for any whites tomorrow?
[signature]