Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake report
Fished the State Park Marina North dike Saturday. Me and Fish1onJR were just getting our lines wet when Old Coot and Baitcaster popped out of the channel. Thanks for offering to take me out and stopping to say hi guys. These two are top notch people and if you ever get a chance to fish with them then jump on the offer! JR hooked a nice cutt and then wanted to go sledding at beaver mountain so we left after an hour or so.

Saturday... I headed back out to the marina solo to get into some whites for a few hours. I seen the BOOMARANG getting prepped so I decided to stop and say Hi. Polokid and BLM were ready for a day on the pond and we talked about this and that for a few. BLM said grab your stuff and join us but I had to pass on the offer. I had a small window of opportunity to fish and did not want to impose. Thank you guys for the offer, maybe next time. I started out slow but within a 1 hour period, I landed one 4LB native cutt and a dozen whites. I kept two whites to take back to the cabin for breakfast.

Weather was great, fishing was great, said Hi to many friends, quality time with the family, lot's of gin and tonics, what more could I ask for!!!
[signature]
I guess that wasn't you we saw Saturday morning, we launched before Baitcaster and Old-Coot. The guy we talked to had been there a while. I've meet you before and I didn't think he looked like you but and I wasn't sure how old your son was. It sounds like you did a lot better than we did, what were you using?
[signature]
Nice report Pat. when you taking me fishing???
[signature]
I was using white jig heads with a number of different color curly tail grubs. White and a speckled blue worked best for me.

I am up there almost every weekend Jason!! Wish our work schedules would allow more fishing time together.
[signature]