Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rexburg Nature Ponds
Went to the pond with my boy after school yesterday. We only had one hour to fish before dark but it was productive. The ice was as thin as I will ever walk on. It was so clear that when you fought a fish you could see the fish like you were looking through glass. We landed 14 stocker rainbows all between 9-12". It did not seem to matter what you were using the smaller ice flies tipped with a meal worm worked well. All fish were released to be caught and eaten by someone else. (I hate the taste of stocker fish).[pirate] Ice conditions will change from day to day so be very careful if you venture out on any ice at this elevation!!!!

Windriver
[signature]
You're braver than I normally am to go out on thin ice after a warm afternoon. Considering how warm it has been lately I'm surprised the ice has help up on that little pond. Even Gem Lake (reservoir on snake river just downstream of Idaho Falls) was still covered with ice a few days ago.
[signature]
hey brian. is ther ice floating on the snake around blackfoot on up to firth? if so how much. heading up there this sunday. hopin it didnt freeze yet. ive never seen it freeze this early.
[signature]
With the exception of some of the slack water I doubt the Snake below Gem Lake (around firth) has enough ice on it to hinder your fishing. I wouldn't be surprise if the ice on Gem Lake has started to break up but if I had to guess I would say there is still ice on Gem Lake but it isn't very safe to walk on. There's nothin but chubs and suckers in the snake river so I don't know why your driving all the way up here to fish it [Wink].
[signature]
haha yeah me neither. oh well ill do it anyway. those chubs put a great fight in the current.
[signature]