Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Rocks on the ice please!!!
I am sure that none of the readers on this board would test the ice with rocks, but I thought I would mention it because the Rexburg Nature pond is becoming littered with rocks. When the snow comes it will be nearly impossible to see the rocks that are lodged in the ice and people will ruin their auger blades drilling into the rocks. Some of the rocks out on the ice are huge. I tried to remove the bigger ones, but there are hundreds of smaller ones.

By the way, I caught 7 more stockers in the last hour of light yesterday. All released to be caught again another day.

Good Luck
Windriver
[signature]
At least we would hope that other ice fishermen aren't stupid enough to throw rocks on the ice. I think it is mostly just none ice fishing people that are curious and want to see if they break the ice with a rock. Looks like when you drill holes on that little pond after the next snow storm you will just have to be careful like when you eat duck meat that has shot in it. Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid ruining your blades on rocks besides drilling (or chewing) slowly? [Wink]
[signature]