Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice-Conditions at Magic Reservoir !
BSFlies and I would both like to know if any of you have heard about the ice conditions at Magic Reservoir. We are thinking about making a trip over the holidays. Is there enough ice?

Windriver
[signature]
I would love to fish Magic Reservoir in Idaho over the holidays also, so I am seeking information on the ice conditions there.

Bill
[signature]
For those of you that didn't see kingfisheral's post with thread title "other ice fishing spots" he said that there is ice on magic and guys are catching some nice perch through the ice.
[signature]
Talked to BSFLies who talked to the Fish and Game who put him in touch with a lodge of some sort on Magic Res. The report was that ice is on about 7" thick. There are some 10" perch being caught. THe FG said that they sampled a true 12" Perch last year. This sounds good to me but I think the stories of ample 14" perch are probably mythical.

Windriver
[signature]
windriver,

Ary you saying that fisherman might be streching the truth about the size of perch at Magic Reservoir? LOL IMO even a 9"-12" perch would be fun to catch if they are half as common as the 10"-14" perch that you here about in some of the reports.
[signature]
in last months In-Fisherman magazine there was a little write up on magic resevoir for perch fishing. It said 12 - 14 inch perch were common with and occasional 16" jumbo possible. I couldn't hardly believe it. The only reason I've been checking the idaho board it to look at reports for magic resevoir to see if it was true. I even plotted out how long it would take me to drive there just in case it was true.
[signature]
Folks,

Remember whoever is responsible for writing that article needed to sell it to the magazine publisher, who in turn needs to have something very juicy between the covers in order for anglers to be regular readers.

[url "http://p072.ezboard.com/bfishinidaho"]http://p072.ezboard.com/bfishinidaho[/url]
[signature]