Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niagra Springs Park fishing report
I was in the Twin Falls area on Monday and I wanted to explore the local fishing holes with my son-in-law Adam. We drove to the Buhl area and got information from the Chamber of Commerce on the local holes. A nice lady there put up on to the Niagra Springs Park pond not far from Clear Lakes. As we entered the state park we stopped to pay the $4 entrace fee and we noticed a sign in the information center telling fishermen that the pond had not had fish planted in it for a long time by the F&G Dept. We were about to leave when a park ranger pulled up and I asked him about the sign. He laughed and said they were there to remove the no fish notice, that they planted 7,000 lbs of trout in the pond the week before. That sounded great, so in we went. We had a blast catching and releasing them on spinners. We each caught about fifteen before we got cold enough to give it up and go home. There was no ice at all on the pond and with all the water going into it from the springs probably stays open most of the year like Clear Lake.
[signature]
Sounds fun I will keep it in mind if I head south this holiday.

Thanks for the report

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the report acey. Good to see that your still around. I was over in Twin a couple weeks ago and gave Dierkes Lake a try for few minutes. I had 3 or 4 planters follow my spinner and had one hit it but didn't land any fish [unsure].
[signature]
Hi Brian- I haven't been as active on the BFT board lately. Things have been pretty crazy at work, but was able to get out fishing a few times this fall, mainly to Devils Creek trolling and fly fishing from the boat. I fished Dierkes Lake in Twin Falls myself on Labor Day. We had our best luck on the blue gills about half way up the lake along the rocks before it jogs back to the north. We tried for bass at first and had one hit but no hook up. Then we found the bluegills would hit a small jig below a bobber and had fun on them for awhile. There are several small lakes higher up to the east that we explored and looked fun to try, but we ran out of time. Do you do any ice fishing? I have been thinking about it but haven't been out on the ice so far. I did buy a Utah license for 2005 for Christmas. Acey
[signature]
I do some ice fishing but normally don't fish as much during the winter as I do during the spring and summer. I've been ice fishing 3 times this month. I posted reports about each place I went. Two of them are under the post "Ice Conditions???" and the other one is under "Devil Creek ( and date around 12/15)". If you want to hit the ice sometime let me know.
[signature]