Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey again 12-27-04
I took my son and a friend to Causey today for a repeat trip. Despite all the bad weather in ogden canyon it was a pretty good day to be fishing. We caught a bunch of splake again and a couple of rainbows. All on whatta crickets, boogers, and rat finkies. Any color seemed to work and with or without meal worms. They were hitting a little lighter today the the bite shut right off at about 10:00. Lots of people today and I didn't see alot of guys pulling in fish. Maybe we just got lucky and found a hot spot.
[signature]
Thanks for the good up date.
[signature]
How big were the fish? Thinking about hitting Causey on New Years. But may try my luck at Strawberry. 5-10" just like last year???
[signature]
Elkoholic -- Was that you we talked to today by the cliffs at Causey? We had 3 kokes on the ice? Ring a bell?
We caught no 'bows, only splake and a few kokes. Best action seemed to be over 50+ feet of water. The kokes were coming through about 20 feet down, and the splake were generally deeper. In the bottom third of the water column.
Later,
[signature]
Thanks for the updated info. I'd like to try it sometime this week, maybe even tomorrow. What's the access like up there?
[signature]
Where exactly is causey? I've herd lots of talk about it, but I've never been there.
[signature]
I hear it is up Ogden Canyon, but I too would like additional details. I wouldn't mind hitting it soon.
[signature]
Causey is a few miles east of pineview.
[signature]
ssssshhhh! Causey is my secret spot[Tongue][Wink]
[signature]
Haven't got into the fresh water sockeye yet?

Maddawg
[signature]
We need to get a tram up there. Then a guy with a bad back, like me, could fish there![Wink]
[signature]
Is there snow on the ice or do I need to get some cleats?
[signature]
UintaIce, I'm mot sure if we talked or not. I talked to a few guys but I don't recall seeing anyone with fish on the ice. I had a camo coat and bibs and a red Bud hat and my son had black bibs and a blue coat. I'll have to keep an eye out for you next time. I have a green Chev truck, 4 door long bed with a bowhunter and an elk sticker on the back window.

Most of the splake we caught were about 12-14 inches, a couple smaller and 2 bigger than that. Most were right on the bottom but some were about 8-10' down.
[signature]
Mateo, The access up there is fine, plowed dry roads all the way. There were alot of cars up there both days. There is snow on the ice but its not froze to the ice so it can be a little slick if you move fast.
[signature]
Elkoholic - Saw your truck! Will look for you next time out.
[signature]