Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Res. -Report
My family and I had our annual Ice fishing vacation over the last two days. We decided to try Magic Res. for both days. The first day we fished the West side most of the day. We had hot action in the morning for trout, but then I left my holes to go in search of perch. I drilled over 100 holes but found no perch. In the afternoon we headed to the East side in search of Kingfisheral. We found he and his campadres with many trout and a few perch (see his report). We set up next to him and he quickly left. We caught 6 more trout that evening bringing the total to 10 for the day 0 Perch.

We spent the night in Jerome and then met BSflies the next morning on the East side of the Res. He was already set up and had landed 2 trout when we arrived. We set up in 15 ft of water. We caught about a trout an hour throughout the day. 6 total all around 14". The berkley power nymph seemed to be the ticket. I caught two perch. They were 11" long and super fat. I saw other perch on the aqua-view, but they were tight lipped and just looked at my offerings and then swam away. The more I jigged the faster they swam away. I tried everything. BSflies caught several trout I do not remember the # and also two perch both of which were huge.
If a guy knew how to find more of those perch and how to get them to bite it would be worth another trip over there.

Good Luck Everyone
Windriver
[signature]