Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Report (12-29)
Met up with P4L, BLM, and HCD today up at Causey. The fishing was pretty darn slow today. We moved all around trying to find some active fish, but never could. We didn't see anyone catching many fish today. We iced 1 bow, and the rest were splake. The ice remains in good shape, but was getting a little slush on top.
[inline causplake.jpg]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I've got everything I own spread out trying to dry out from slushy rain and above freezing temperatures. Wet, wet, wet! Having never fished Causey before, it was fun to see a new place but now that I've seen it...[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Sounds like a guy can get a boat out of the BL marina now. If this weather will calm down, I'll hook up the boat and head back up to the Bear this weekend where I just might have a better chance at hooking a fish! HA! Dang little splake anyway...[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
was great fishing with you 3 today. if i could have hooked all my bites i would have had 200 fish on the ice (in the words if the ICEFISHINGGOD "I got Jeffed")
[signature]
My buddy ended up going and mentioned the ice was hurting when he left. Said 5" inches in some spots with 3" of slush? Rain really do that? Ice still good and thicker?

F4F
[signature]
We never saw less than 8 inches of ice, but the slush was getting bad.
[signature]
The guy I talked to is notorious for stretching things!! [Wink]
Figured I would double check!!
Thanks

F4F
[signature]
Sounds like u guys had a great time. Thanks for the reports. Hey, Jason sounds like the new Ice Hut is keeping u warm.
[signature]
We were thinking about coming up today until we saw the weather report, I hope tomorrow will be better. That is a nice splake, how big is it?
[signature]
I didn't throw a tape on him, but he was probably around 14". He sure was pretty though. Lots of red/brown on him.
[signature]
We just got back from causey and it wasn't much better for us, we got six, just like the one you caught. We did see this big group of turkeys on the way out.
[signature]
Yummy Turkey.

No one has gotten into Kokes yet? Still? What's up

Maddawg
[signature]
Our group landed 5 kokes on Monday, but only 2 Wednesday. Walking off Monday we saw a group near the dam ice 2 just as we were going by. It seems like for us that they're always about 20 feet under the ice, regardless of how much water we're fishing over. So with a fish-finder, we're focusing on catching splake toward the bottom. And anytime we mark a fish around the 20 foot mark we quickly reel up and most of the time get a quick take. They aren't schooled up the way I've seen some years. Perhaps their numbers are down this year.
Good fishin',
[signature]
We were marking fish all day at twenty feet but we never could get them to bite when we reeled up to them. What were you using to catch the kokes?
[signature]
Tiny glo-in-the-dark jigs tipped with a waxie, about 18" below a Kastmaster.
[signature]
Great fish! I'll be up there next week. You got to love Causey, never know what is on the other end of the line! Happy New Year!
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Thanks, the only thing I was doing different was not using a kastmaster, I guess I should have stuck it out longer. That would not have been a problem last year but this year the number of kokes must be down. When they come threw last year the fish finder screen would go black, there were so many of them. WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the report, I'll be up tomorrow on New YEARS Day....I'll let you know how it goes...
[signature]