Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 1-1-05
My sons and I hit L.C. a little after 8:00am. There were four other rigs in the parking lot when we got there. Soon after that several other rigs showed up. We all hit the ice about the same time. We fished just off of the dam. Ice was about 6" thick with the shore line a little weak. All slush from yesterday was frozen. The three of us iced about 40 fish, cuts and bows all about 9" to 13" with the bows being a little larger than the cuts on average. Most were on the bottom but we picked up fish crusing at all depths. Boogers and Whata-Crickets tipped with mealies worked best for us. It shut down about noon with only about 8 more fish ices by the time we left, at about 1:30pm. There were over 100 other folks on the ice by us. HFT had a good group with him and Wiperhunter2 came over and fished by us. It was good to meet you WH2. No other BFTers answered calls on channel 12. We spread the word about BFT so maybe we will see some new members show up here.
How can a man have a better start to a New Year than to be fishing with his sons? It just doesn't get any better than that, DKS.
[signature]
It was good to meet you today and thanks for the invite over to your hot spot. We were the second rig in the parking lot but decided to go back to the boat launch area so we would not need to walk so far to the water, that was a big mistake. After getting stuck and putting the chains on we decided to go back to the dam, we only made it a few hundred yards and found another guy stuck. We worked for over an hour before we gave up and went for help at the dam. We found someone with a tow strap and another person with a bigger rig that said they would tow him out. So we finally hit the ice around 8:30. Here is a picture of DKSR and HFT's group behind him plus one of the colorful cutts. WH2
[signature]
It is good to hear it has some good ice. How was the road into it? I know last year they didn't plow past the school bus turn around.
[signature]
Parking lot at the dam had been plowed, probably yesterday. Access was good to that point. Little snow made the climb up and down to the ice good. The road to the dam was a little slick but in good shape. That could change with the next storm. DKS.
[signature]
The road was good! they even plowed the parking lot. we caught alot of small cutts, and a few small bows. moved around the lake to several locations. The fish were small at every place we fished and they really turned on, just before dark!
[signature]
Hi Sandy, I haven't heard any ice fishing reports from you lately, have you been out this season? When we first arrived this morning we meet a snow plow as he was coming back from the dam, we had no problem getting all the way to the top of the dam in two wheel drive.
[signature]
Unfortunately I haven't made it out yet. I am waiting for some good strong ice.My daughter is going to try it for the first time this year and she is a little scared of the ice. Also I take akot of kids with me and they like to run and play on the ice, so I want to make sure it is safe.We are planning to join the Rockport party. Hopeing for ice up there soon.
Besides Echo, Lost Creek is my favorite place to fish. I may be able to get out next weekend. Hopefully I haven't wetted a line in months and I am going a little crazy.
[signature]
If lost creek keeps adding ice it could be a good choice, depending on the day, because it has a good sledding hill close by. On the east side of the dam we watched a lot of kids sledding yesterday, its not a steep hill but enough so that they can slide quite a ways. I don't know how you can stand it, if I go more than two weeks without doing some fishing I go a little nuts. Good luck if you make it out next weekend.
[signature]
wh2, Robyn my bookey was the one that pulled you out. Our group had a good time. We all caught fish but not a lot of fish at the area we were. Robyn caught a couple of big fish.
[signature]
What is your idea of BIG? Curious cause I am trying to plan where I will hit this week.
[signature]
At lost creek anyting over 12" is big, but these were over 20".
[signature]
Noticed that came off sounding kinda like i was a jerk. Smile Reason why I ask, from reports I have read and what people have been telling me, the fish are smaller, in the 8-13 inch range. I can hike Lower Bells and catch fish in that range with the occasional 15-17 incher. I have to pick my trips wisely next couple weeks since the wife is about to pop.
[signature]
Sweet, Just checked the forecast, lots of snow this week. I had to hand over the SUV back to in laws, I don't think my Altima will make it up there. Sad
[signature]
HFT, we brought the guy that was stuck out from the launch area. We did not have a tow strap and after we tried to push him out for almost an hour, we took him to the dam. We were hoping someone there had a tow strap, Robyn had a bigger rig than ours so she decided to tow him out. We got stuck at the launch but were able to get out by putting chains on. I'm glad Robyn decided to help the guy because I'm not sure we would have been able to pull him out, he had a big rig and ours was a lot smaller.
[signature]