Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry
Marty and I fished Strawberry today and did great. Marty caught 13 and I caught 11 (all cutthroats). The smallest was about 15" and most were over 18", with largest being just over 19". All but one fish was caught on shiner and chub minnows. We both missed lots of bites, and lost several fish. Water temperature was 55 degrees and we drift trolled in the bays near Renegade. It would have been a perfect day had I not hit a two point deer on Hiway 40, about 2 miles south of I-80. Bummer - I just got the Suburban back with body work done on the front left, now the front right needs to be repaired.

Kent
[signature]
OUCH Kent, that has to be the worst stroke of luck I have heard of in a long time. At least you got to fish still and thank god no one was hurt!
[signature]
Just a note to say Thanks again Kent. For those of you who have not met Kent he is a true gentleman and a pretty good fisherdude! We met in Heber about 6:00 am and headed to the lake. 1st things first for kent, he breaks out the throw net and collects some shiners for the morning fishing. I think I am going to have to get me one of those! Morning fishing was great, action was steady even if I missed more than I hooked. (I got better as the day went on ....well maybe better) When one wasn't getting any bite the other was or at least it seemed that way. The weather was respectable for Strawberry this time of the year, threathened most of the day but only blew a bit. In all a great day fishing, good company, beautiful fish, and respectable weather, what more could a man ask. Thanks again Kent.
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the deer hit but at least the fishing was good. It sounds like you have that net thing down pat. Is that van jinxed, it seems you have had a lot of problems since you got it. WH2
[signature]
[size 5]Thanks for the report on strawberry kent. Glad to see you got together with another BFT member and had some fun. As for the deer, well at least someone got thier deer for this season. Skeeter got his last weekend as well. But he had to strap a muzzleloader to the front of his truck to get his. [laugh][/size]