Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roberts & Rexburg Pond Report
I fished Roberts for a couple hours on Thursday morning. My son and I caught 20 small perch and two stocker trout. We were about in the middle of the pond and had the best luck with really small ice flies.

We fished on the Rexburg pond on Friday morning and caught around 15 stocker trout and three perch. I saw a gold fish on the aqua-view but could not get him to bite. Dang that would have been a good picture. I could get one out of a tank but it would not be the same as catching a "wild" gold fish through the ice[Wink] There are an amazing number of stocker trout left in the Rexburg Nature pond. You can see them on the aqua-view, but I think they are getting sore lips from the fishing pressure. It was actually quite challenging to get them to bite this time. It could have had to do with the storm that had come in also?

Good Luck to all this week. Lets hope Ririe freezes over.

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Considering all the fish you have been catching out of that pond I wouldn’t be surprised if each fish has several spots on there lips that are sore. I would also like to catch a wild goldfish through the ice.[Smile]
[signature]
I have caught 3 goldfish throught the ice at the nature ponds with the biggest a 12 incher. I have a trick for the goldfish if you really want to know send me a pm I dont want to let the secret out, here are some pic
[signature]