Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Ice On Ashton Reservior
Went up to Ashton reservior on Friday to check and see what was happening with the ice. Although it has been fairly cool down here it has been warm up there. As I walked over to look at the ice I was talking with the Caretaker for Utah Power at the dam. There was a man trying to walk around the edge by the Cliffs and fell through the ice. We were able to pull him out, but he was one scared young man. If he would not of grabbed the floating buoys that are along the side this year, it may have been a different report. Don't go on the ice it is not safe and propbably won't be until we get at least a week or two of sub zero temperatures. Kingfisheral
[signature]
Thanks for ice the report. Some of that water closer to the dam has enough current in it that if you feel through the ice you might get swept downstream far enough that you would be stuck under the ice. The person that you saw fall through the ice was luck that someone else was there to help him out. I remember a story of a guy that fell in the river by the bridge at the bottom of the Ashton Hill during the winter. He was able to get out of the river fine but hypothermia got the best of him. He was found him frozen on the road.
[signature]