Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Gorge aka Causey 01/09/05
The subject says it all, the vibe was awesome up there. Saw a bald eagle up close with a huge wing span, saw a sparrow get attacked by a hawk in mid air. You should have seen the feathers floating to the ground all over after the attack. Wow. And caught my first Splake and Tiger Trout. Caught few fish and missed even more fewer hits. Lost a couple after hookup, thats the way ice fishing goes. Smile

We fished by the dam, man oh man I can't wait to fish this place from my pontoon, what an awesome experience that is going to be in this narrow reservoir with steep cliff walls, red rock? yeah some red rock and some awesome pine views.

Fishing wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. Size of the fish were smaller, had a bigger one on but lost it, didn't see it but it felt decent. 10-12 inchers mostly.

Roads were lousy form the turn off above Pineview and the plows didn't get to the roads til 11 AM. I arrived at 7 am and had to sit in my car til 11 when the road to the dam got plowed. Over a foot of fresh powder. Was fun though. Can't wait to go back.

4 Total Iced.
[signature]
nice report craig. i hope to ice fish you up there sometime. sorry i didnt make it today but i was still under the weather. ive got a few spots marked that hold some big fish.
[signature]
sweet i went to causey once in my life sounds alot better then what i saw
[signature]
[cool]Glad you were able to get out today before the little one comes, Craig. I was going to go tomorrow, but I don't know where the hell to go. Strawberry has too much damn snow to make it anywhere, except maybe I could go to the marina where everyone and there dog goes, but those fish have too much pressure right now. The fishing at Echo and Mantua sucks this year, and the other Percheries aren't frozen yet unless I want to drive 4 hours to Fish Lake. Maybe I'll go try for some whities and crappies at utah Lake, and maybe I won't[unsure]. Man, when is Rockport ever going to freeze? These 45 degree temps suck for ice making!!![pirate]
[signature]
I marked loads of big fish on Mikes finder. They are definately in there and there are many. Just a matter of getting em to bite! I think best bet would be right at ice off. Majority of the fish were suspended between 15-35 feet. Some on the bottom, those were the splake. Smile

I will be MIA for a few weeks til we settle the new one, I suspect it will be after the Fish Lake party.
[signature]
there are some gigantic browns and rainbows in there. never caught one but had some follows this summer that made me cry. in fact there was one time when we were fishing out of my canoe over by the cliffs, on the south side. i was using a rapala and getting some pretty nice splake to, well i was messing around twitchin my rapala on the surface not really fishing because i was eating lunch when all of the sudden there was a splash and 5 minutes later i had this huge brown 24-27inches tearing drag under my canoe, i eventually got it next to the boat, then it Smiled and gave me the finger and made a run and snapped my line. that sucked
[signature]
[shocked]you where using mikecromaines fishfinder? i think thats your problem then mike hasn't figured out how to turn off the simulator yet.[Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
nice one jason but is that not the pot calling the kettle black last i heard you put your foot in every ice hole on the lake thats how you use a sonar lol[Tongue]
[signature]
only 1 hole.[Tongue] not everyhole.
[signature]
HAha! Well I think I know more about his finder than he does now. Smile I'm a tech gadget geek so I picked threw it a bit and found out some wicked features.
[signature]
SWEET YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOW ME WHAT YOU FOUND
[signature]