Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Report
fished causey today with Danzilla, polokid, fishnpro40 and son. was slow got lots of bites but only 5 fish on the ice fp40 got 2 splake on the ice and i got 2 splake and a 14" brown threw the hole today, we where using every thing from tube jigs to whatta cricketts even boogers. was a cold day but really good company.
[signature]
Hi Jason,I had a slow day there last Saturday. Do you think things are going to slow down from now on, or is it just a fishing thing? Causey had always been finicky for me. Dale.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Petty
[signature]
[cool]Sounds like a good day off, petty. At least you got out on the ice and got some nice fresh air. I'm just painting up some jigs to try out at Rockport next week.
[signature]
hey petty, where did you fish, and what time did you leave??? i was up there today as well. am i blind??
[signature]
we fished the middle arm. from about 9am till 12. we where the group of 5
[signature]
yup,,,, you were fishing accross the channel from me, i was the one fishing alone just up the arm from the cliffs.... it was so cold up there today!!!
[signature]
are ya stuck up cant come say hi?[Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
hey Petty
Now that I've met you does that mean that I can torment you as much as everybody else on the board?
Just kidding It was nice fishing with you and meeting you I hope to do it again
DZ
[signature]
[Tongue]
[signature]
I was up there on the 13th and caught about 24 fish. 3 salmon, and alot of splake. the splake are doing good this year with thier grouth, (at least from my past experiance in catching them.) Good luck.

Bart.
[signature]
Arrowheadsaver, I'm a little Confused. Isn't today the 13th? Do you mean last month? What area were you fishing at Causey? I may go there this Saturday and try again. Last week I only iced 5 splake and I fished all over the place looking for active fish.DKS.
[signature]
I fished Causey yesterday as well. We found on spot by the cliffs that produced a lot of small splake, tigers, one bow and one cut. I was really trying to target the kokes but did not mark any schools and never did hook any. I was there later on in the afternoon and was thinking that possibly they ran better in the morning. I would love to hook up with a few of them. Please let me know of any tips or send me a pm. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx, Jake
[signature]
UTCATMAN - We've certainly found the kokes easier in the mornings. Generally by 11:00am, we've caught the last one we'll get that day. If we even found them at all!
[signature]
sorry, the 13th was after midnight on the night I posted. It was the 12th of this month.

Good Luck.
[signature]
Hi Bart,
Where were you fishing on Causey? I fished the North arm last Saturday and caught a few splake.I moved to the South side and up the arm a little way and didn't do very good.
I did mark some schools of fish that would not bite around 11:00am. What was you secret for success at Causey? I have not had very good luck fishing there and could use some good advice from the pros. Thanks, DKS.
[signature]