Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cisco at Bear Lake ... 1-21-05
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Went to Bear Lake this morning for a limit of cisco. Netted out on Cisco beach. We arrived quite early using lanterns to see. Didn't see any cisco come in till about 8:15. Then we got our limit in about 30 minutes. From what I was told, that is the way it was yesterday too … the early birds didn't get the worms. Patience is what paid off.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Met BearLakeFishGuy there and he gave me some good tips … mainly keep a "low profile" … kneel down.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]I seen one other BFT truck up there. Any other BFT'ers make it up today?[/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Hey Old Coot, I guess I missed you guys today. When we pulled in to Cisco beach I saw you guys with the lanterns. I had the great idea of going over by the ramp because there were not as many people there. Turns out there are not very many Cisco there either. We only saw a couple of big schools and only netted 35 between 4 of us. I guess you could call it a rookie learning curve. They sure are spooky. We had a hard time getting them to come close enough. The only time we could get within a nets length they were real deep. After a couple of hours chasing the schools up and down the bank some other guys told us to go over by the flag pole and we should do fine. By the time we got there most of the Cisco were gone and we were S.O.L. Oh well, we have enough to use for a few trips up there anyway. We tried long lining for a while but nothing wanted to play. We did see a couple of cutts cruising in the shallows chasing the Cisco. Even thuogh it was a rough day it still beat the heck of of going to work!!!!!!!

I didn't see any other BFTers there. I was supposed to meet MGB and BLM there but didn't see them and I didn't get any responce on the radio either.

When does the trout fishing pick up again?
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Where's Bear Lake?[/size][/black][/font][/center] [center][inline BLN.JPG] [/center] [center] [/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I don't see no stinkin' Bear Lake![/size][/black][/font][/center] [center][inline BLE.JPG]
[/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I just see that STINKIN' FOG![/size][/black][/font][/center] [center][inline BLS.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]MGB and I went over and did a little looking around and stopped at Cisco Beach about 9:00 am. I walked up on a rock, put my net in, and waited 5 minutes, One scoop and 31 Cisco later I had my limit. It was MGB's turn. He took all of 15 minutes and on the last scoop had to let 20 fish back into the lake. Bait is made.[/size][/black][/font][/left]
[signature]
We must of just missed Elkoholic and OldCoot, too bad we didn't run into you guys. The spot BLM lead us to turned out to be one of the better areas. A few people commented that they where hard to come by but we didn't have much problem. Acouple dipp netters left their area and came over by ours and finished off their limits.

Heres afew pics.
[signature]
They say a picture is worth a thousand words,With them pics you two showed us how its done,Thanks for the sharing.
BLM,looks like I missed out on a lot of little ones[mad]work sucks!
[signature]
Man that looks like fun, maybe next year i will have to see where im at and see if i can go and land a net full or so of them.
[signature]