Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great day 1-22-05 Bear Lake
[size 4][black]Did a quick turn around to the big blue pond to take my boy dipnetting. Had to work Sunday!!

Hit the beach at about 630 and sat by with the heater and lantern. No cisco to be had! A little birdie (oldcoot) told me that the cisco would start moving in at daylight. He was right, at 730 I netted my limit in two scoops! Then it was my boys turn. Now you have to understand, my kid is a cisco fishing fool! He decided to prolong his experience and netted only a couple at a time. He wanted to make this last all day! LOL

I told him that as soon as he is done we could join up with the awesome shindig that Pugstones and Bearlakefishguy were putting on. THANKS GUYS IT WAS GREAT.

Well, my kid finally finished up and was all bummed out till he got his first taste of cisco. Now he wants to stay and eat them all for himself! LOL I think he is wanting me to cook up my bait for dinner tonight!

[/black][/size][black][size 4]This is the only reason I fish! The quality time and experience that I share with my son is priceless to me. Great day and plan to have many more.
[/size][/black]

[signature]
Hey Pat, I am glad that you guys had a great time. Dip netting cisco is a family tradition that I grew up with and look forward to each year. I had to work yesterday so my family went up without me. I guess that they were the only ones on the lake that never saw a cisco!! They were stopped at the check station and the officer could not believe that they did not even see a cisco so he had them get out of their truck and he checked under the seats and in the tool box in the back of the truck!! I am fine with them inforcing the regs. There is no problem if you have nothing to hide as well. My cousing works at the Cheveron in Garden City and said that they found a guy last year with over 200 cisco!! It is the few idiots that ruin it for the rest of us. Good fishin' to ya, Jake
[signature]
Great day with your son -- you are definitely creating life-time memories for both of you.
[signature]
I too believe in following the regs set forth upon us. But... I also think that 30 is too low of a limit on cisco. I can burn thru 30-60 in less than a year since this is my primary fishing hole. The limits are set forth for a reason based on studies that I do not even pretend to understand so following the rules is my religion. I have heard from many that the number of cisco is not stunted in anyway by the number of fisherman taken thier limits. I support what ever the officials say, but wish for more. If a person abuses such rules then they must be delt with accordingly. The check stations are there for you and me my friend, and I support them in any way that I can.

I am dearly sorry that your family came home empty handed. The next few weekends should be equally productive and you should seek areas that offer visual deterent because of the lack of ice. Stay low to the water and be patient. Look for areas that have many larger rocks and outcropings. These tend to offer natural camoflauge. I plan to eat up my latest catch and get a few more for bait. Next weekend is the Rockport party then off to Bear Lake to scoop another meal for my family.
[signature]
Kent,

Fishing and Family, is there anything else more wonderful! I am grinning ear to ear and cannot wait till I take my kid out to Rockport next weekend if the ice conditions hold up. He is looking forward to running (helping me LOL) the kids casting challenge and giving out cool prizes. Pray for cold and thick ice my friend.
[signature]
If anyone really loves to dip cisco, and they already have their limit-but would like to go get more-I know somebody who would love a bunch of cisco in the freezer! PM me if want to get rid of some.
[signature]
Hey Pat, sure glad you had fun I take my son as often as I can but ever since he got over 17 the girls started taking presidence over the old man.[shocked] Imagine that. Enjoy them while there young. Also tell your boy to be careful them thar cisco bite back[sly]
[signature]
good to hear the cisco we easy on ya today!! i would probably take my time too!! [Wink]
[signature]