Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake has frozen.....BUT......Fishing Report and Access Conditons Update 1/27/2005
[size 1][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Bear Lake Fishing Report[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Updated Thursday, January 27, 2005[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Thats right....last night Bear Lake froze over and there was ice on about 95% of the lake surface this morning.....BUT the ice is only about a 1/2" thick at this time and one wind storm could have the lake opened back up in a matter of minutes. However, if the weather continues to stay calm and cold then it may continue to freeze thicker. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][black]The cisco run is still going on, however, the run will begin to taper off in the next few days. Since there is ice cover at Cisco Beach the fish are not as spooky and all anglers at Cisco Beach this morning were able to dip their limits in about 10 minutes or less, whereas yesterday morning it was difficult to catch a limit in a few hours time. There is some ice stacked up along the Cisco Beach shoreline, but it is piled up only about a foot deep. Remember the DAILY AND POSSESSION limit for cisco is 30 total fish. You cannot catch 30 one day and return again to catch 30 again the next day unless the fish from the first day were consumed or no longer in your possession. If you are freezing the cisco for bait you are only allowed to possess 30 fish. This regulation will be strictly enforced. [/black][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][black] [/black][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Since the lake is covered with unsafe ice at this time and no boats are able to launch, we do not have an updated fishing report. However, prior to freezing the fishing for both cutthroat trout and whitefish remained very good along the weed beds on the east side and along the shoreline south of Gus Rich point. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The fog in the valley has thinned, but still remains. We received a few inches of new snow during the last 24 hours and temperature has been in the 20's during the day and teens at night. [/size][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The UDWR will update the telephone answering machine on a daily basis with the latest status on the run information and access conditions. We ask that you please call AFTER 4:00pm since biologists need to complete their work during the day and it is impossible to speak to everyone who calls. The UDWR Bear Lake office number is (435) 946-8501.[/size][/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Thanks Scott!! Time will tell, tell everyone in Garden City not to breathe too hard!! Jake
[signature]
I would have preferred that the ice in the marina had melted so that I could have taken my boat out, but that wasn't happening, so it will be great to be able to get back out there on the ice.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Scott, I'll keep my fingers crossed on the Bear iceing over solid but I will be surprised if it does.
[signature]
Man Scott, you and Darin P. just ruined my day! [:/]NO I AM SERIOUS. I've been planning a boating trip out on the pile this saturday. A friend and I were planning a scuba trip to swim with the fishies. Come one everyone think warm thoughts for me! OK so if ya all aren't going to help me out, think very very cold thoughts. I'll settle for safe ice. Pulling a fishy through a hole is the next best way to view 'em![cool] Thanks for the report Scott. Keep us updated. I'll be waiting on pins and needles.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Personally I hate to see it freeze but what can you do.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Thanks Scott, for the latest report, I for one; would like to do a little ice fishing on the Bear, So I'll be watching close for some updated reports on the ice thickaning, Let me know when its safe enough to drive a sled out on the ice.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3] Again; your report is great. Thanks.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]