Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~ Bear Lake Update ~
[black][size 4]O.K. boys and girls, looks like the ice on Bear Lake is still lingering "BUT" I talked to some locals that made it out to the "Pile" this morning. They told me that the ice was more slush than actual ice. They were able to motor out through it, they run a little 14' alum. boat. They said that when they got out there they didn't even us an anchor cause the ice (slush) kept them right were they wanted to be. They did pretty well for Cisco and Whitefish but had no luck for trout![size 1]

[/size][size 3]The Cisco Beach area was mostly open this morning. No one was able to stand on the ice. You could see the thicker ice out a little ways but on the shore it thin enough to break through it with the Cisco Nets. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I would be prepared for anything come tomorrow. If your going Cisco fishing I would plan on waders and even an axe just to be safe.[/size][size 1]

[/size][size 3]Also, if your planning on bringing your boat up, not a bad idea, I would be careful so that the thicker ice doesn't blow in on you while your out there. Make sure to take something in case you have to chip your way to and from your secret fishing hole.[/size][size 1]

[/size][size 3]Talked with some other guys today and they told me that they absolutely smoked the trout just off Gus Rich point yesterday. I would shoot for about 50'-60' of water. They caught there limits of Cisco and then jigged using a little fresh bait to land over 20 trout. Might be a fish story but I wouldn't doubt it![/size][size 1]

[/size][size 3]Also, I say someone out on a tube the other day off of Cisco Beach. Looked like he was having a lot of fun, either that or his waders were leaking and he was screaming cause he couldn't feel his "jewels" anymore......lol..........either way I think we are all in luck for some fishing tomorrow. Just not sure what kind of fishing that will be![/size][size 1]

[/size][size 3]Take care and please keep me posted ;-))[/size][size 1]

[/size][size 3]Darin Pugmire[/size][size 1] [/size]
[/size][/black]
[signature]