Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rock report 2/5/05
[cool]Went out to the Rock this morning and BOY was it Packed!! There must have been 200-300 people there on the West side alone by 10:00. Went with MikeCromaine and his wife Loralie (hope I didn't butcher the spelling too much). We had a great time with the fishing being very hot for the first 2-3 hours we were there. Mike and Loralie ended up with 34 and I got 14. I think next time I'll put the genz worm below the trout magnet, instead of vice versa. We had a great time, but caught more fish than anybody else around us. I guess we were in a great spot. Chatted with petty4life, and also bigcat and kastmaster on the hand helds. I think fishinpro40 was there too but didn't talk with him. Didn't catch any trout this time.
[signature]
Those Genz Worms are the business. Works on many species.

See why I swear by them?

Glad you all had a great day, wish I could have been there but the baby and wife needed some TLC.
[signature]
[cool]It was fun, but it sounds like you had more important things to do. Hope mom and baby are still doing great.
[signature]

I hit the "2nd outhouse" about 9:00. Joined Kastmaster as he was finishing his limit of perch. I rung up a perch limit also between 9:15 and 11:00. There were some toads today but more were smaller than what I got last week. The bite was slower and softer today, and the fish demanded more attention to detail. There were lots of people around enjoying a highly variable degree of success. Used a flasher and finkie combo tipped with crawler. At 11:00, I went closer to shore and caught a few small trout in about 18-20 ft. of water. That quit around 12:30 and I headed in. Pleased to meet Fly fishing Moose and Uncle Ray coming in around the same time. I hope the fillet lesson went well. Tight lines all.
[signature]
it was fun today I sure hope tomarrow is as hot as it was today
[signature]
Bearclaw, yper, yperjr and i fished between the 1st and second restrooms on the west side, fishing was hot early but tappered off.
[signature]
I was on the East side on Saturday, and I called on the radio a few times. I could only get a few responses back. I think that my old radio is dying. I had 4 first timers with me. They had a great time and will be back for sure.
The word is out for Rockport. I think that I will have to go on a week day from now on. Every one and there dogs were up there!
The good thing is that every one was having a good time, and that is what fishing is all about isn't it? DKS.
[signature]
Hey out4trout, my brother and I were out there with our 4 boys. The fishing was fast and furious for us as well, with the exception of 0 perchies. Yes that is what I said. NO perch! Lots of trout! We must have caught 30-35 with a couple hitting 17 or so inches. We only fished about 3 hours. It was fast enough to keep the kids somewhat interested enough to stay close(they ranged from 3-10). Another group near us, claimed they nailed around 100. There was only about 8 other people on the ice where we were. Ok so y'all are asking WHERE? We were down by the inlet in about 12-14 feet of water. It was great. We went through all of our mealies and most of our waxies. They also took a plain booger with a little smelly jelly.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Red-head. You were definitely in the best location on the whole lake for Trout. There's supposed to be some really nice Browns that hang out in that area. What would say your Browns to 'Bows ratio was? Were they all 'Bows or did you get a lot of Browns too?
[signature]
Every one was a 'bow.[Smile]
[signature]
It was great to meet another fellw BFT'er, and I'm glad you did well. We didn't have as much luck. 11 perchies and 1 nice bow 13 1/2" 1.25 lbs.
[signature]