Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
holly rabbits...
just thought i would let everyone know that the bunnys are out in force in the west desert again been a long time since there has been so many.
[signature]
That is great to hear. I spend alot of time down in Delta, should be a fun summer. Wish the fishing would get going down there. Any ways thanks for the report.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Thanks for the report but are you talking Box Elder, Tooele or farther south?
[signature]
Sounds like it might be time for a bft bunny trip, huh?
[signature]
Sombody say rabbits?? I am in need of chasing them critters. Since the duck are no longer legal I need to shoot some dust out of my shotgun and soon.
[signature]
Shotgun? Try a .22, much more challenging.
[signature]
I do that as well. I like to pick them off at long ranges before I go walking for them. Sometimes though a shotgun is much more fun. I have also tried it with a .357 , 9mm and .40 that I have used for them.
[signature]
I've hunted them with my SKS....talk about messy!
By the way, if it is Rush Valley (area south of Tooele, near Pony Express trail) be careful! About 1/2 of that valley is off limits to shooting anymore. You have to go further west to hunt. The ATVers have complained enough (caused by idiot hunters) and we can no longer shoot anywhere near where the ATVs usually run. Watch the signs, or the DWR, Forest service, police, etc, can often get you a map of the area that is off limits.
On another note, I have visited my brother out in Elko a couple of times and there are rabbits all over out there. Supposedly there are quite a few coyotes, too, but I have proven that I really suck at calling in coyotes, even though I have the electronic caller, etc, and have read message board after message board trying to get any hints or ides.
[signature]
[Wink]Now that sounds like a fun trip..... where do I sign up????
[signature]