Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe kokanee
I went up to ririe this morning. Boy was it hot. We had swarms of kokanee just under the ice all morning long. Me and a buddy ended up turning about 15 loose by the end of the day and still ended up with our limit. It was amazing to watch all of them through the ice swarming around our lures. There were about 20 people there and they were all catching fish. If any of you get a chance, get up there!! It is time!!
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Could you say if you were near the boundary marker, the boat ramp, cliffs etc...?

Thanks
Windriver
[signature]
Machunter,

Thanks for the report. Did you catch many kokanee over 10"? If so were the larger ones mostly found in seperate schools or were they just mixed in with the smaller fish?
[signature]
windriver,

I'm not sure were machunter was catching them but on saturday fisherman were getting into the kokanee several hundred yards north of the island by the boat ramp as well as right around the island. I would recomend smaller jigs because most of the fish that I was watching saturday were not getting the 1.5" tub jigs that I was using all the way in their mouth.
[signature]
I was on the north west corner of the rock island. We were catching 12 to 14 inch fish. They were mixed in with the smaller ones which made it hard to get the jig in the right mouth. We ended up catching quite a few smaller ones and turning them loose holding out for the big ones. People were catching them from the northwest point of the rock island straight north for about 200 yards from what I could tell.
[signature]
Hey guys,

I was on Ririe today for the "Kokanee Quick Step". Great day and time to be chasing the bumpers. You can read my full report on my forum for specifics.

[url "http://p072.ezboard.com/bfishinidaho"]http://p072.ezboard.com/bfishinidaho[/url]
[signature]