Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Fished the Bear on Sunday. The lake is clear of ice except for the marina. Launched on the east side. Believe it or not the fog had even lifted at 8 AM. Didn't mark alot of fish tried 50, 70, and finally caught 4 in 100 foot right off bottom. All were cutthroat the largest were 2 both just over 3 lbs. Had better days. At least it was nice to get out in the boat again. There was about 10 other boats out any BFTers?
[signature]
Thanks for the report Jeff, I was just wondering about the big blue lake. Did you notice if any ice was stacked up near the shore line on the West side? How was the launching where you put in?
[signature]
I was up there as well! I bailed on the launching/fishing though. The fog was pretty thick Saturday as well! I drove over to cisco beach to check the launch conditions and people were dumping fairly large boats in with no problems. If you do launch stay to the North part of the ramp. The South side has a larger drop off. I spoke to a guy that was coming out with his large bayliner trophy and he had caught a few cutts and a couple pup macks in about 30 foot of water.
[signature]
I didn't notice if the ice was stacked up on the west side or not. The east side launch isn't bad but could be a real pain to load if the west wind started blowing. It was 46 degrees in the valley today I'm hoping the marina opens up soon. Where they have the one bubbler running by the boat that was left in all winter it is open water. I wounder what it would take to convince them to turn on the other bubblers to help the melting process?[unsure]

Bodine
[signature]
Hey Pat, you suda went sunday the fog had blown off with the rest of the ice. It was beautiful all day until around 3:00 then started to fog over again. But hopefully the fog has gone away for awhile it sure was nice today to bad I have to work.

Bodine
[signature]