Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua
When does Mantua usually start heating up?
[signature]
When some one lights a firer under it about the middle to end of April
[signature]
The ice has came off Mantua. Last Friday the far east side stared to come off, this morning it was ice free.
[signature]
I fished mantua with my boy and a fellow from work on tuesday.
The water temp was only 39 degrees, and you wouldnt expect to see much action with those conditions.
But I figured that it was either there or willard and since I only had about two hours to fish, we hit mantua.
Maybee with the really nice weather from last week, some of the fish would be willing to play. Is what I thought.
I got skunked. I had one hit, and I was so out of sync I didnt even set the hook.
My boy caught a lot of moss.
And the guy I was with got one fish. A 4 lb 4 oz'er. Caught on a strike king tube in about 8 ft of water.

The water temp will have to rise about 20 degrees before the bass start to think about spawning, but they will be willing to play when the temp sees about 15 degrees more.
Until then, you may pick up a couple here and there.

Of course I got hounded at work for being outfished by a guy who is just getting into fishing, and had never fished mantua before, but it was a nice fish, and he had the pics to pass around. So I had to let him have his day of glory.
[signature]