Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana Fishing Expeditions w/Capt. Ben
[font "Arial"]LOUISIANA FISHING EXPEDITIONS: Hopedale Report (Thursday & Friday) [/font]

Another two great days of fishing in Hopedale. I guided out Josh, Hobie, Arthur and Lloyd. Today I made two stops. The first stop put a limit of trout in the boat and the second stop topped off the 150 quart cooler to the top with black drum, redfish and sheepshead.

It was none stop action all morning and these four really enjoyed catching all those fish on light tackle. Last night they dine here at the Pelican Roost on fresh caught broiled black drum and could not say enough about it.

Yesterday Rusty came back for a return fishing trip but his buddies slept in and let me tell you, his buddies miss a good one. It was none stop action on trout at our first stop. The trout were slamming shrimp all over the top of the water so we feed them live shrimp most of the morning.

I put a top dog top water plug and the explosions began immediately. The trout were much larger on the top dogs and it was not long before Rusty had one on his rod and was experiencing some truly great action. At one point the trout were knocking baits in the water all the way around the boat, it was constant explosions.

After boxing 46 beauties I made one more stop and put 15 black drum in the boat. The fish really turned on the last two days.

To go fishing, just give us a call!

Capt. Ben H. Leto

1-877-271-2059 (toll free)
985-893-0180 (local)

Email: captbenleto@yahoo.com
[signature]