Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 new wiper lures
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Friday, I was introduced to two new lures that I think should be very promising for wipers during their hungrier season:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]1. The "[#1700f9]Willard Wiper Whacker[/#1700f9]": This is a lure that AFD showed to me on Friday night after we had come in from fishing. He said that he hadn't yet tried it but I think it will be a good one. He said that he picked it up at Angler's Inn. At first glance it appears to be a thin narrow "spoon" type lure. Upon closer inspection, it is just flat. About the length of a crocodile spoon but much more narrow. It has one treble hook on it's tail. It is painted a bright white with some glitter foil that covers about 50% of each side. I would guess that it would troll about 2-3 feet under the top ... good for trolling shallows. I suspect that it is made locally. If any of you out there knows where it is made or have had any experience using it or know of anyone using it, please let me know ... I am very curious.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]2. The "[#0e06ff]Stanley Vib[/#0e06ff]": Friday, just before launching, I got talking to one of the fishermen coming in for the day. The guy was an older Japanese fellow who, I am told, fishes Willard several times a week all year long. I asked him what his favorite lure was. He showed me the one on his line. I asked him where he got it at and he said that one of his relatives gets them for him out of a catalog. He couldn't remember the name of the catalogue but said that it was not Cabela's. I asked him if he knew what it is called. He pulled a new one in it's package out of his tackle box and showed it to me. It was called the "Vibrator" by Stanley Jigs. It had the exact same shape and size as the Prism Shad by Producer ... probably manufactured in the same factory as the producer. I turned over the package to see more about it. On the back side it was called the "Stanley Vib AB70-903". The back was black that faded part way down the side to a dark blue then to a light blue through some light laser glitter to a white bottom and belly. The glitter pattern was strange but attractive. Unlike the prism shad, it did not have the big black dot on the sides (nothing a black marker couldn't fix if you wanted). Because I had so much good info about it I was sure I could find it on the Internet ... but I couldn't. I would really like to buy and try one next year if I can find out where to get them. Have any of you seen or used one of the "Vibrators"? Anyone know what catalog they are or might be in?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Checked my Bass Pro Shop Catalog on line, and found a whole page of colors for that lure at [url "http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=29996&hvarDept=100&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=5&hvarSubCode=2&hvarTarget=browse"]http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=29996&hvarDept=100&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=5&hvarSubCode=2&hvarTarget=browse[/url]

They look good. Several colors worth trying. And, they ain't too expensive at under $3 each.
[signature]
[url "http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=36993&hvarDept=100&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=5&hvarSubCode=2&hvarTarget=browse"][Image: 64554-t.jpg][/url] This is the Avoidance behavior lures, Verifier. It is on the first page of the BFT superstore hardbaits minnows page. I believe the pattern is bleeding shad. It is the same size, and shape as the producer, and even has the ever so famous black dot near the rear of the lure. It is a very interesting looking lure, the rattles seem to be quite loud. I got one after I stopped fishing for the year, so I have not yet tried it out on willard yet. But, I am guessing it will be a good one. Maybee I can get old Bear lake mack to do a couple modifications on it.

[url "http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=29996&hvarDept=100&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=5&hvarSubCode=2&hvarTarget=browse"][Image: 60779-t.jpg][/url] This is the stanley pro choice vibrator as seen in your post. It is on page 3 of the BFT superstore hardbaits minnow section. So, old coot, you need look no further for your lures than right here at home on the BFT site. Shoot, make a good fishing report and you could have bolth these lures for free with a BFT gift certificate in the weekly fishing report give away. Cant wait? just click on the superstore, bass pro shops section and pick up a couple.
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Well, well, well ... [shocked] ... if that don't beat all! Thanks guys. You both put me right smack into the middle of good fishing holes. Not only will I be buying the Vibrator (two different styles), but I'll also be picking up an Uncle Bucks from the same BFT Web page! I was wondering where I could find those Uncle Bucks lures. Ask and ye shall receive ...[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thanks,[/size][/font]
[signature]