Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landlocked at Bear
Considering going to Bear Lake this coming weekend any suggestions on where to fish and what to use from the shore? Any input would greatly be appreciated. I am new to Utah and fresh water fishing and could use all the help possible. Thank you in advance!!
[signature]
Without a boat, you are somewhat restricted in both available waters and access. Wherever there are fish and access to shore fishermen, you have to bring your own rock to stand on. But, this is one time of year when you can have a shot at spawning macs without having a boat. They come into fairly shallow water, where they are also susceptible to "Bear Lake dry flies"...snagging rigs. All snagged fish must be immediately released, but that does not stop the fish hogs

Reports I am getting say that there are some fish being taken by shore fiehermen both at the State Park Marina, on the west side, and in the rocky areas around Cisco Beach on the east side. One successful angler advised wearing chest waders to allow getting more distance in your casts. Be sure to wear something warm underneath. And, don't forget to bring that rock.

If you are not familiar with Pugstones operation in the area, visit their website at [url "http://www.anglerguide.com/affiliate/pugstones/"]http://www.anglerguide.com/affiliate/pugstones/[/url] They keep up the fishing report pretty well, and will email you if you have specific questions.
[signature]
hey boatless

ive shore fished the bear quite a few times. the areas tube mentioned are where i go also. usually pick up a few at the state park. if your new to utah and dont know where that is. its on the west side of the lake go through garden city area youll see it a big main marina. real nice shoreline. i use my homemade lures there but i would bet if you use a kastmaster and pop it on bottom from shore you might do well or a white jig rig. something you can cast with some distance would help in case the fish are holding deeper out. cisco bay is real hard to fish unless you can find the ledge. usually means wading out to your chest and casting a mile or so. unles sthe fish are holding in tighter to shore. we have also picked up some fish around the south side of the lake the shoreline is just like cisco beach. by the way cisco is on the east side about half way up the lake not all that far from the idaho border. there is a sign. hope this helps some

xman
[signature]
Thanks for the input! If I get to go I will post on how I did.
[signature]