Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Fishmark 320 tube setup, pics
Here are some pics of my setup for my fishmark 320. I have mounted the transducer several ways but I am looking for a better way, if you have any ideas please let me know, Thanks. If the water is really cold and the tube deflates a little, I just wrap the stripping apron bungee cord over the pvc and then back to the apron, this is shown in one of the pics, this holds the setup really steady. I also didn't glue one of the vertical pieces of pvc, that way I can remove the whole setup real quick.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice work with the PVC. Most folks on this forum know that I am a PVC nut my own self. However, I think you might be able to do a better job by using a single strap setup with an instantly adjustable buckle, like EmuScud used in the pic below. That would reduce the bulk and the weight, while providing adjustability.[/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9299;]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]How do you like your Kennebec? I piloted one of those around for a couple of seasons. I loved it except for the small pockets and the poor handling in windy conditions. In the pics below, you can see that I have an Eagle mounted on the left front tube, using a couple of wraps of yellow nylon rope, attached to the mounting bracket. I used a clip ring and snap to attach it prior to airing up. I made it tight so that fully aired it held firmly. An adjustable strap would have been better but I never had a problem.[/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9300;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9301;]
[signature]
[shocked] [Tongue]You must have a massive hard drive! I had completely forgotten about that pic.

I've been leaning toward the pvc cap option. I would probably still cut an elongated hole for the strap.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]60 GB and filling fast. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That PVC cap and a strap would probably work at that.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Cap and strap. Has a nice ring to it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You're gonna love the new pic board when I get it done. You will be represented in a couple of places. As always, I appreciate your contributions.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Man! I did it again! Cleared my HD cache, deleted my cookies, and forgot to log in. Some people never learn.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Mr. Z, you gotta be old enough to remember the old TV show "WHAT'S MY LINE?". Whenever they had the "mystery guest" on the show, they blindfolded the panel and brought the person on the show with "Sign in please, mystery guest". Get the connection?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just pullin' yer chain, Bro. No harm no foul. You can be properly embarassed if you want. Can't fault anyone for trying to keep their computer clean from all the spyware and other junk it can pick up from a surfing session on the web.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I clean out my cache files and cookies regularly too, but I have trained myself to log on to BFT right afterwards, even if I am shutting down my computer. That way I don't have to remember when I boot up and go to a BFT board next time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]On the Utah board, we have so much traffic (and once had so many "hit and run" posts from guests) that we instituted the restriction that you could not even post if you were not logged in. Fortunately, we have not had those problems on the Tubing board, so if one of us has a "senior moment", and forgets to log on, we can still post up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We love ya either as zonker or as guest. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yes, that is a dark channel cat in the pic. It was taken on Saguaro Lake, during the years I lived in the Phoenix area. TubeBabe and I spent lots of time on that lake and I have grundles of pics with yellow bass, largemouths, walleye, channel and flathead catfish. There will be lots of them under the species section of the Pictures board.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here' a pic of TubeBabe with a phat 10# kitty.[/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9310;]
[signature]
I'll eventually get it right. Just an incredibly slow learner.

That's a nice catfish in the photo. Nice fisherlady as well. Mrs. zonker doesn't fish. We tried a couple of times early in our 35 years as husband and wife and decided that the necessary marriage counseling was too expensive. Now I fish and she rides horses. Works for us.

Bet Mrs. T couldn't get that kitty into the fish basket.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You would lose that bet. She got it in there with a couple of other chunky kitties on the same trip. I got a whole series of pics on that one trip. She had the hot rod and ended up with three fat cats. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=39913;search_string=Fat%20Cats;#39913"]Here is a link to the original post[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Unfortunately, the pics in the original post were uploaded on another website, which is no longer in existence. I will be going back to repost them, and they will also be in the Picture board for float tubing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe and I started fishing (and tubing) together before we got married (second time around for both of us). We have been married and tubing for over 25 years now. She can outfish most other anglers, including myself on some trips. I must be a good guide and tackle support person.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Wow. Tubing together before you got married. That sounds like a great "date." Looks like you two knew how to make it work. Mrs. z goes with me on occasion but usually sits in the boat or on the lake shore or creek side and reads a book. That works OK. Actually, when buying tackle, I don't have to buy two of everything. Or better said, I buy two and get to keep 'em both. [Wink]

I look forward to your getting those pics back up.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Yes, we tubed before marriage, but we always practiced "safe tubing". You know...protection (waders).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will finally get some time this weekend to work on the Picture board, and on restoring some of the pics lost in the older threads when my other website went down.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will be glad to get it done, and I think it will be a real attraction and a big help for fellow tubaholics.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That was similar to my spouse and myself. Tried a couple of times to take her out with the flyrod. I was stupid and gave her an old rod and I took the new one. She ended up casting the top half of the rod into the river (we got it back), but I have never got her back out to fish with me[Sad].

However, when the kiddies get out of the house, we are planning a fishing/golf site seeing excursion across the country. We have another 16 years of planning to do.

I've been trying to talk her into trying the float-tube, I will be taking the doughnut dinghy, she'll get the FC-4 and all the best equipment, etc (at least that's what the marriage counselor suggested[shocked] jk).
[signature]
Ha ha Nate isn't that you? (the counselor)

I just picked up a Fish Cat 4 today. We'll have to get out very soon to Utah Lake now that school is over for me!!!!
[signature]
Yup, the marriage counselor I was referring to was me. As the old saying goes, "physician, heal thyself" . . .

Congrats on graduating!!!!! It has got to feel great.

And yes, a foresee a Fishcat Flotilla in our future. I have some stuff to take care of this Saturday, but I'm dying to get out to the bubble-up within the next couple of weeks. Maybe May 7th (sat)?
[signature]
I believe there is a major flotilla planned for Lincoln Beach that Saturday morning and a lot of Utah BFT tubers will be there if I'm not mistaken. Check out the Utah board for sure. I'm trying to swing it so I can make it there on my maiden voyage. I'll let you know.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I added the pics back in.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=39913;search_string=Fat%20Cats;#39913"][#333366][size 1]Here is a link to the original post[/size][/#333366][/url][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
Schweet!

z~
[signature]