Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Fork March Browns!
I fished below Wendall bridge today on the Henry's Frork in a big rainstorm. There was the biggest hatch of March Browns I have ever seen! There were so many fish coming up you could just cast and catch em. I dont know how many I caught, I lost count after 30. Nothing real big but lots of fish. My friend caught a fish that an osprey came up and stole from him within 2 feet of him, boy do I wish I would have had a camera but it would have been ruined by ll the rain. The last fish I caught was the biggest it was a 15 inch Brown with a big old hook jaw and it had a huge humped back on it. It was by far the most fish I have evere caught on dries. Every fish was a rainbow except the last fish which was a Brown. I caught all of them on a size 14 parachute March Brown (pretty much the same thing as an adams.) It seemed like the Harder it rained the better the fishing was.
[signature]
Wendall Bridge is the bridge in Ashton that you drive over to get to Yellowstone. Take a left after the bridge and follow it to the dock, park and work up the river from there. Near St. Anthony the water is way to murky to fish above Ashton Dam is where it starts to clear up. You should register its free and easy plus, you get a lot of good info.
[signature]