Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Fishing Report and Gear Sale
[black][size 3]Fishing has picked up and most anglers are catching good numbers of both Cutts and Macks. Most fish have been caught off of the areas where they planted the Cutts this year. Cisco Beach area, Rainbow Cove, 1rst Point, and off of the Marina. The Rock Pile has also been a good place to wet your line. Most of the Cutts are now in full spawn. This might seem a little later than last year but according to our officials we are in about the same time period as last year. Look for fishing to stay consistant over the Memorial Weekend. We hope that you all have a chance to get up here and hook into some of these fine trout.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]The Suckers have come into full spawn. I love going down with my fly rod and hooking up on these fish. This is a great time of year to catch some bait for the summer. Whether or not you have Cisco I would recommend getting some Sucker meat as well. This is a great bait for all times of the year. We just got in an AWESOME lure made by Storm. This lure is called the Deep Thunder and we got it in the Sucker color. We went out just the other day and landed 6 beautiful fish on it. Not sure if it was just the day or if it was actually the lure but it worked. Stop by and see if it is something that you want in your arsenal.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Fishing from shore has also been pretty productive. The time of day isn't necessarily the biggest issue as is just putting in the time. Look for the Marina and off of the East side to be your best chances. Look for rocky areas for best success. Now that the weather has finally dried up and is starting to heat up look for ants to be out on the water. You fly fisherman should start to see some top water action if the lake stays calm. I love this time of year. The water is a little too cold to be playing on but you can't beat it for wetting a hook.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I will get this updated before next weekend but in the meantime please feel free to call or stop by for any further information.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Thanks for the report, Darin![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Just so everyone knows, Pugstone's has graciously contributed to our Wiper Tourney next month so I hope everyone who gets up that way stops in and says hi! Thanks for supporting BFT/UTAH, guys![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]