Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana Fishing Expeditions / Fishing Report
LOUISIANA FISHING EXPEDITIONS: Hopedale Report

The weatherman missed it again! Ronnie, Mike and Keith came down from Jackson, Mississippi for some relaxation and fishing. I made a short evening trip yesterday with just Ronnie and Mike because Keith was sick at the camp with the flue. We put together a nice box of fish consisting of 17 trout 3 black drum, two redfish and a few sheepshead. Later that night we dined on fresh trout and sheepshead at the Pelican Roost. You just can't beat fresh fish right out of the water. It was nothing fancy just fried fish in the old fry daddy for some finger licking good fish. Today we had action all day. There was not much tide but we still managed to almost fill the 160 quart ice chest to the top with trout, black drum and sheepshead. The trout were not that big but we had very few throw backs. Most of the fish were caught with live shrimp either under a float or carolina rigged on the bottom. The fish are hanging on the flats right next to their deep holes and some are already in their wintertime pattern on the bottom. Keith was feeling much better today and he made the expedition and put his share of fish in the boat. Mike won the prestigious golden hook award for his 6 pound redfish. The redfish have been kind of elusive lately but I have been managing a few. Ronnie and Mike fished with me last April and came back to enjoy themselves again. They are really fun to fish with and make my job really easy. They are talking about returning for a summer time trip and I am looking forward to it.
(Toll Free) 1-877-271-2059 (Local) 985-893-0180 [#800080][size 2][url "http://www.louisiana-fishing-expeditions.com"]www.louisiana-fishing-expeditions.com[/url][/size][/#800080]
[signature]