Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
[Smile]Hi Gang-

I haven't been on the board for awhile. Hope things are going well.

Had to let you all know that Bear Lake fished real well last Saturday. We used our Flaming Gorge tactics up there and did great. We caught seven macks between seven and twenty pounds. We had tons of other hits that we missed and we lost several as well. Broke two off after 5 - 10 minutes on. Had two sets of doubles. I expect it will just get better. Waiting for some of those huge cutts to start showing up. December of last year was magic. I plan on going with a couple of buddies on the 14th. Will let you know how we do.

Hook'em pretty!!!

J. (GoFish)
[signature]
Good to have you back around. Things are going well. Most of us have prematurley winterized the boats and are awaiting ice. Thanks for the report.
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]J:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]WOW! Looks like you put a hurtin' on some good fish! Anytime you hook into that many good fish you must be doing something right! You going up this weekend to try your hand again? I was looking at the weather forecast and it might be a bit windy. I checked today and it said there could be gusts of up to 22 mph! That sucks! I hope the forecast changes for the better as the weekend gets closer. Anyway, glad to see you guys did so good. [/size][/font]
[signature]
Went back Saturday. Between all those fishing (3), caught 10 Macks 8 to 20 pounds. My buddy caught a cutthroat that went just over 30 inches. He released it but not before taking pictures and making measurements. He thinks he might have the state catch-and-release record. Once he e-mails me the picture, I may post it here on the site. On the way home, he broke the axle on the trailer so the trip this weekend is out. Like Mack said, the weather is supposed to pretty much suck (or blow-22 MPH) anyway. We plan to go after he gets the axle fixed. Will keep you posted. I'm sick that my boat is winterized. You all have me to thank for this weather.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Did you guys try for any whitefish? Did you notice anyone fishing from the dikes of the marina or just off the marina in boats for whiteys? If the wind is howling, it could be a whitefish trip on the agenda![/size][/font]
[signature]
There were lots of people fishing oalong the dike by the marina for whitey's. They seemed to be doing fairly well. We went to the east side by cisco and mostly on the rock pile.
[signature]