Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A wonderful trip to the Snake, 8/22-8/26, old favorite.
I posted this on the Utah forum. Thanks Idaho.[Smile]

[size 1] Ok, so this isn't a Utah trip! But,--------- it's in striking range and I so happy I could bust. [Smile] Besides, I owe a exchange favor from many of you on bass fishing info. Do you like smallie fishing? Do you like moving water? Do you like 50-100 fish per day? Can you take a some (320 mi from Ogden) travel time and out of state per day expense? Then read on!!! Well, I left Monday am and arrived about 4 pm, set up my tent trailer with my new bud (Sparky), and had some chili and a drink. Got up Tues., had my cup of java and pills and took off down the trail with my bud. Got to fishing about 9:30 with my wheedles reaper and a split shot, many other things have worked for me in the past, and started fishing the holes behind rocks, etc., wading. By the end (4 pm) of the day I'd caught about 75 smallies. with about 10-15 in the 12 1/2 to 14 in range. Now come on, isn't that just great fun????? [cool] The next 2 days were much the same except this old guy got progressively slower and tired (my wrist was starting to pain me, would you believe), I lie a lot. I did hit a spot that when I hooked a fish, I saw 2 very big fish chasing!!! Finally hooked the smaller. It was a 19 in smallie! [shocked] Wow! That's pretty big for a river smallie. I took some pics. but as usual I dropped the camera in the water, quickly retrieved, we'll see? Have to get em developed. The only negatives are - poison oak, (got some on my but[mad]), it's a long ways, it's hot, it's work. Some more positives - Didn't see another fisherman, saw a giant surface splash from a sturgeon, heard coyotes every night, and saw a zillion quail and chuckars, no rattlers this time. Sparky was in heaven and didn't stop until wee kicked back in the evening for my fish dinner, drink, and reading. We cuddled together listening to the coyotes. Even had one visit and howl right outside the tent trailer. It was very, very special for us. Too bad I couldn't share it!!! I'm not going to give away my #1 spot unless you pm me ,Ok? Regular members and folks I owe feel free, really, I mean it. Not many folks would travel that distance anyway. [/size]
[size 1]Leaky [/size]
Send me a pm.
Leaky
[signature]