Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Nevada questions ...
Anyone have any info on the Jarbige, Ruby Mtns/lake/marsh, Humbolt river or South Fork Res. ?

I am going to take a little time to fish in that area and was wondering if anyone here has fished there lately. Thank you.
[signature]
Hey Brandon,

Thanx for the reply ! I haven't been there for a while and I am planning on a quick trip for a few days fishing in that area. The Humbolt does have a few surprises for someone willing to explore and move around - as do the Rubies. I know Lamoille canyon that you refered to and a few of the lakes - but not all of them - any suggestions ? .

When I go, I will be flyfishing mostly but I'll also have hardware gear with me - just in case. In the past, I have had success with caddis dries, beadhead nymphs, a couple different attractor patterns and leach/bugger patterns in darker colors. For hardware, I have used spinners(panther martins and rooster tails), jigs, spinner baits and very small Rapals in rainbow and brown trout patterns. I have not fished the area at all it baits(live, dead, or cut) includeing crawlers. I'm usually traveling alot with my hounds so I can't really keep bait fresh for any length of time - so, up until now, it has not been much of an option for me to use.

Were your caddis patterns only dries or did you have some subsurface flies ? Were they light colored or darker ones ? What time of day was most productive while you were there ? And finaly, did you fish the Humbolt west of Carlin at all or was it just out side of Elko between there and Carlin and was it east or west of South Fork ?

P.S. have you fish the put'n'take pond south of South Fork Res - I think it's called Jigs or Zuny something ?

Thanx again for the info !
[signature]