Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake?
I hane not seen any reports on fishing at Bear Lake, does anyone have info on what is happening up there? I think that I am headed there this weekend.
[signature]
Bear Lake is actually starting to turn on a little bit. This past week we talked to several fishermen and they did pretty good for lake trout (macs). Some were jigging off the Gus Rich Point area in deep (85') of water out on the sand. They used tubes tipped with cisco and still-fished with whole cisco. As far as trolling goes the lakers were biting rapalas trolled close to bottom in 90-110' off the North Eden canyon mouth. There really hasn't been a lot of fishing pressure the last two months, mainly just recreational boating. It frosted in Garden City on Tuesday night and was cool for the last few days. This is going to start cooling off the lake, but its going to take a while. The surface water temp is 68 F. With a lake this big it takes a lot of cool air weather to cool off the water (conversely, that is the exact reason it takes forever for the water temps to rise in the spring!) Last year I did really well the second week of September trolling in about 95-100' of water off the Ideal Beach (Sweetwater area) using large T-4 and M-2 flatfish right on the bottom. In fact I was "dragging my balls" (downrigger balls) on the flat bottom in order to stir things up a bit. It seemed to work. You just got to be careful to set your downrigger drag just enough to hold the balls in place. Because if you snag your setup or you will lose everything. Anyway, hope that helps and keeps the rest of the Bear Lake die-hards updated a little bit.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I'll be up there this weekend. Maybe the gas prices will keep the crowds away? Yea, right. LOL! You know my boat. Hope to see you, Scott! We'll be at the Camperworld campground. Thanks for the report.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Hey Rich I thought I seen you hauling your boat up 4th north heading towards Logan canyon yesterday at 5:30pm.

Still being a rookie at bear Lake I am going to wait another month before I start fishing it.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I'm not leaving till tonight. That means there is another boat like mine around I guess! I'll also have the camper on the back of the truck.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I'm going to do a little fishing in the mornings. Basically a camp trip for the grand kids so I suppose I'll be spending so time on the beach watching them play in the water. Thrills! LOL![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]