Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The general has been taken
Has anyone ever heard of a large buck deer that hangs out up above camp williams nicknamed "the General"?
A friend at work got the pleasure of taking this buck on the archery hunt this year.
I saw the pictures of this MONSTER today and was amazed, I didn't get the particulars on the spread and points but I think its a 10x12. with the animal being in full velvet it was diffacult to count points on the pics.
I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this animal.
DZ
[signature]
I know this buck, I have pics from last fall of him, when I get home from work in the morning I'll post those pics. he sure is a monster of a deer, not too much mass but alot of stuff on his head.
later chuck
[signature]
Kutv has some video of this. If you go into the link below you can watch some good footage. When you go into the link click on "more" under the photos, the video clip is on this second page.

[url "http://kutv.com/video/?cid=17"]http://kutv.com/video/?cid=17[/url]
[signature]
Here's some pic's of the general from last fall. enjoy
later chuck
[signature]
Thanks for posting the link....what a monster! Congrats to the man who took him. Truly a trophy of a lifetime!
[signature]
Does anyone know where he shot it?
[signature]
I can find out tonight at work, there's a guy I work with, his dad is the neighbor of the guy that shot him. later chuck
[signature]
I CHASED THAT BIG BRUTE FOR 4 YRS. HE WAS CALLED THE ORCHARD BUCK BACK THEN. BUT AFTER ALL THE NEW HOUSING WENT IN HE MOVED ACROSS THE JORDAN ON TO THE CAMP WILLIAMS PROPERTY. THATS WHEN I GAVE UP ON HIM. HE USED TO HAVE MOORE MASS AND A WIDER SPRED.
[signature]
Nice pics of that monster!
[signature]
Now that is a shame ... What ever happened to CPR? Or just leaving him to produce more of that quality? Were there any other bucks around this one?
[signature]
THER ARE MOORE. HIS GEENS HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED FOR MOORE THAN 12 YRS. ON BOTH SIDES OF THE JORDAN RIVER.
[signature]
Nice pics! I sure hope that he got to that doe he was hot on! Someday I will get my chance at a buck like that. This year was a great start for me though. Jake
[signature]
Man, That's a nice buck. Thanks for posting the pics.
[signature]
now it mentioned that the buck held up on camp williams for a long time, did this guy trespass up there or where would he have shot that monster? I heard it was just west of Lehi.
[signature]
HE HAD PERMISSION TO HUNT. SOME FREIND OR SOMETHING IS A SECURTY GAURD UP THERE.
[signature]
Sorry but he could not have had permission. I've worked at Camp Williams in the environmental management dept. and seen the regs on hunting there. There is none. No exceptions. He may have had a security guard friend who let him on or didn't say anything but if he shot it on Camp Williams property it was not with real permission. I've inquired with the up and ups myself because of my own interest to hunt there.
[signature]
I NEW THAT ALSO, HE WAS BEING LET IN. HIS NEIGHBORE GAVE OUT THE DETAILS TO A FREIND THAT PAST THEM ON TO US.
[signature]
for all those in the hunting community that knew the buck, we already figured he had poached it off camp williams, hope he gets busted and his buddy too. There's a reason why you can't hunt up there, not only because the deer are easy to kill, but also because it's dangerous as well.
[signature]
that deer was not easy for anyone... he was smart real smart. almost goast like. he had to crawl on his belly for 100 plus yrds. it took him hrs to get in on him. as for getting in trouble, i wish him none. that deer is going to be tresured by him and all who get to see it. weather in mags, or on display in his home. we all have our ins in this life. some in buisness some in play. wish i had moore of the latter like him.
[signature]
I havent sen a monster like that since I was in the 8th grade when Jeff Kenedy (My 8th grade science teacher) nailed a big ol Cactus head like that.
[signature]