Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodruff again.
Fished woodruff again today. Fast action, lots of fish. I was getting my butt kicked first thing. The old man had six fish through the ice before I had so much as a bite. So, off went the curl tail jig and on went the foxxe jig. The key was the fish finder. The majority of the fish we caught were at depths different than our lures. So, when one appeared we reeled up or down to them and that did the trick. There were a few times when the screen was so full of fish it was insane. Fish all the way from ten feet under the ice to thirty feet down. You could get multiple fish out of these schools if you were fast enough, and knew where to put your lure. Thank goodness for fish finders. We lost count of how many fish we caught and were to busy chasing fish to care, so it must have been a good day. I love early season ice fishing. It seems to be best just after ice on. For a friday on a small lake there was a lot of people there, six total. The road over monte cristoe is now closed so you have to go around. The bite shut down for us around three today. The fish were still there and would look but wouldnt take the jig. Must have needed to dangle a worm down there. Most the fish were shallow. Around ten feet below the ice is where I would say over half the fish were caught, but like I say, we reeled up and down to all depths. But ten produced most fish, follwed by twenty three feet down. The bottom didnt produce any fish today, unlike last sunday.