Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
figures, the way it always is!!!
Well we went out again yesterday fishing in vermillion bay area from cypermort point. We were with a friend that was in his boat. We all decided to head towards what is called the hell hole. That is where we caught last weekend.With this north wind like it is, the water is low, and a mile out we hit bottom and had to idle in the rest of the way. ONLY to catch NOTHING!!! So we decided to head towards southwest pass and fish in the pass. There is sunken shrimp boat there and we normally can get a few reds there.... all we caught were catfish. We decided to head towards the "tank battery" in the pass, and the fish were ON!!! Now our friend was talking distance away in his boat. We were tearing up the drum and the big 15-20 pound cats. He on the other hand limited on Reds...How can that be, we were so close and we did not catch a single red. I talked my husband into moving to the other side of his boat but we only had about 20 mins left to fish before we had to head in so dark did not catch us, first cast, I pull in an 18" red.... wow here we go I thought..... then NOTHING!! So we came home with a mess of drum, a few cats and a single red! Not a bad day!!
[signature]
Wow. Sounds like a pretty successful trip. You don't happen to have any pictures do ya?
[signature]
Don't have any from this trip in particular, but did post one in the photo contest, it is in the january runner up section and the name on it is Sandy Courrege', would appreciate you rating it for me!!!
[signature]
Done [Wink][url "http://pub141.ezboard.com/bmikesmedcare"][/url]
[signature]