Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good bass locations?
any1 know any good largemouth bass fishing spots in the Anne Arundle county area?...im tired of fishing at Lake Waterford...makes me sick just being there...everything in there is either dead or dieing...not even the carp are biting...

thanks for any info[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 4]Tom from Cedar Creek Tackle says there are lots of throw back flounder, some bluefish and small trout being caught around the Anchorage and Brown Shoal. A few nice keeper flounder near the Fed Can off the Mohawk. Along the shore, off of Slaughter Beach, they are catching some lair si2e trout and bluefish.[/size][/font]

Rick from Rick's Bait reports mostly small (not legal size) flounder being caught in Indian River Bay, along with some fair size bluefish and under size stripers. Some of the better areas to fish are around Buoys 12, 14 and the Slough, near South Shore Marina. Bobby Roberts from Easton, MD, fishing with his friend Ray, caught 2 keeper flounder 31bs. 2oz. And 4 Ibs. on shiners, while
fishing near South Shore Marina and the VFW. Rich and Anne Gee from Thurmont, MD.. fishing near the Coast Guard Station, caught several throw back flounder, but Anne managed to boat 2 flounder 18" and 21" Capt. Rich explains he just drives the boat, Anne catches all the fish.
Joe Morris from Lewes Harbor Marina said there have been some good catches of croakers outside of the Outer wall down to Buoys 4 and 6. He added some of these fish are up to 2-l/2 1bs. Keeper flounder have slowed with no citation fish weighed in this week.

Deep Creek Lake is showing signs of calming down from the summer frenzy of vacationers and boaters. The lake is now become a quieter place to fish and fishermen are beginning to take advantage of slightly cooler temperatures. Largemouth and smallmouth bass are still holding to summer patterns of behavior but anglers are reporting that they are not as sluggish.

Anne Arundel, Prince George's, Calvert, Charles & St. Mary's Counties [ul] [li][url "http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/recreational/fwhotlowertidalpotomac.html"]Potomac River, tributaries, Piscataway and Mattawoman Creeks[/url] Largemouth bass, striped bass, chain pickerel, crappie, channel catfish, yellow and white perch, bluegill sunfish and carp are all found in these tributaries and in the Potomac River. [li][url "http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/southern/sandypoint.html"]Sandy Point State Park[/url] is located in Annapolis and offers fishing and crabbing, along with many other great recreational activities. [li][url "http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/recreational/fwhotwheatly.html"]Wheatley Lake/Gilbert Run Park[/url] Located in Charles County, Gilbert Run is home to many fish including largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, black crappie, channel catfish and seasonally stocked rainbow trout. [li]St. Mary's Lake is located in St. Mary’s River Park. The 250 acre lake features largemouth bass, chain pickerel, crappie, bluegill and redear sunfish. [li]Lake Artemesiais located just outside the Capital Beltway and is home to bass and bluegill. For more information call 301-927-2163.[/li][/ul]

Fishing from Indian River Inlet and the Sea Wall and jetties have produced some fair catches of bluefish, small stripers, along with sea bass and croakers. The larger stripers (over 28") are still being caught, mostly at night, with live eels, spot, plugs and storm lures.

Vicki (Hook, Line & Sinker) at Cape Henlopen Pier, reports lots of spot, some croakers, flounder, trout and small fcluefish being caught during the day and night time. Bill Smith from Lewes, DE caught over 34 spot and several bluefish while fishing on the Pier, Our local Head Boats, out of Indian River and Lewes, DE, report catches of sea bass. croakers, with some bluefish mixed in. West of "B" Buoy and up in the Lower Anchorage seem to be their favorite spots.

Offshore fishing has been a mixed bag this week with some good and not so good catches of Tuna, Dolphin, Wahoo and White; Martin. Capt. Steve Peterson on the "Pandemonium" out of Indian River, with anglers Gene Keeney, Dick Wamer and 3 other anglers from Harrisburg. PA, caught 15 Yellowfin Tuna up to 66 Ibs while chunking on the edge of the Baltimore Canyon. The tuna bite overall seem to be spread out with some catches North, some South and some Inshore.
[signature]
I forgot to say welcome to Bigfishtackle.

hope this helps and you will keep us informed as to how you do on your outtings, (you dont have to reveal any traid secrets or spots, we just like to hear how you are doing on the water and hope you can share a pic or two..)
[signature]
well today i had a short day of fishing...didnt catch anything till night came around and i threw on a hulla popper and caught a small largemouth around 12 inches...but in the lake im fishing at this is considered big...lol...sorry i cant post pictures at the moment...having some trouble buying a camera...and if my scanner worked i could show you some of my nice catches from the past...like my 8 lb. largemouth bass i landed in WV and all the carp over 20 lbs that i caught... any1 know some local fishing-like jobs i may be able to apply for? I'm only 17 but im a good angler when im in the right spots...and i need to help my mom out with some bills...her car was just towed away today cuz she didnt pay her lease...and i havent had cable in about 3 months

but enuff of my personaly life...i need a job, if any1 knows of a job suited for me tell me...im willing to start right ....about....now
[signature]
Word of warning,

When the thing you love becomes a chore you may loose intrest in doning it for fun.

Your dream job may not be available the first time around, not to worry, even a job that is not what you want at first can give you the resources to do the things you enjoy untill you find your dream job.

Here is a few places to start looking, but if your need is emediate I would sugest you start knocking door to door. Start on the first street and apply at every door that will let you submit a job application. do the whole steet. then move on to the next. dont be afraid to take on part time/temp work.

The Charter boat business is a good place to start, un fortunatly you are at the end of the season. You may find something where a collage studant has gone back to work. You may even find employment at a city, county, or state park for a few remaining weeks.

Comercial boats are a bit out of your league. that kind of job is not what you think it is, you may be on a boat for a couple months and your job will be cleaning the boat and cleaning fish along with checking nets and traps.

with that said you can look here as well, Mind you that if transportation is an issue then you will want to stay close to home...

[url "http://www.careernet.state.md.us/cgi-bin/jobfair/jobfair.pl"][font "Arial"]Job Fairs[/font][/url]
[font "Arial"][#000080](410) 767-2041 [/#000080][/font]
[font "Arial"][#000080][url "mailto:det@dllr.state.md.us"][font "Arial"]det@dllr.state.md.us[/font][/url][/#000080][/font]
[font "Arial"][#000080][/#000080][/font]
[url "http://www.careernet.state.md.us/local.htm"][font "Arial"]One-Stop Career Centers[/font][/url]
[font "Arial"][#000080](410) 767-2018 [/#000080][/font]
[font "Arial"][#000080][url "mailto:ehoward@careernet.state.md.us"][font "Arial"]ehoward@careernet.state.md.us[/font][/url][/#000080][/font]
[font "Arial"][#000080][/#000080][/font]
[font "Arial"][#000080][url "http://www.dllr.state.md.us/personnel/dllremp.htm"][font "Arial"]Opportunities at DLLR[/font][/url][/#000080][/font]
[font "Arial"][#000080](410) 230-6317[/#000080][/font]
[url "mailto:personnel@dllr.state.md.us"][font "Arial"]personnel@dllr.state.md.us[/font][/url]

[url "http://www.dllr.state.md.us/employment/wtw.htm"][font "Arial"]Welfare-to-Work[/font][/url]
[font "Arial"][#000080]Rhonda Grandy[/#000080][/font]
[font "Arial"][#000080](410) 767-2800[/#000080][/font]
[url "mailto:rgrandy@careernet.state.md.us"][font "Arial"]rgrandy@careernet.state.md.us[/font][/url]

[url "http://www.dllr.state.md.us/employment/indivwithdisabilities.htm"][font "Arial"]Job Seekers with Disabilities[/font][/url]
[font "Arial"][#000080](410) 767-2018[/#000080][/font]
[url "mailto:ehoward@careernet.state.md.us"]ehoward@careernet.state.md.us[/url]

[url "http://www.dllr.state.md.us/employment/jtpa.html"][font "Arial"][size 2]Workforce Investment Act (WIA)[/size][/font][/url]
[font "Arial"][#000080]develops employment and training programs designed to prepare individuals facing serious barriers to employment for entry or re-entry into the labor force.
[/#000080][/font][url "http://www.dllr.state.md.us/employment/warn.htm"][font "Arial"]Information about the Worker Adjustment and Retraining
Notification Act (WARN)[/font][/url]

[url "http://www.dllr.state.md.us/labor/appr.html"][font "Arial"][size 2]Apprenticeship and Training[/size][/font][/url] [left][font "Arial"][#000080][size 2]promotes industry sponsorship of occupational training for the skilled trades and crafts.
(410) 767-2246[/size][/#000080][/font][/left] [left][font "Arial"][#000080][size 2][/size][/#000080][/font] [/left] [left][font "Arial"][#000080][url "http://www.dllr.state.md.us/lmi/index.htm"][font "Arial"][size 2]Career and Workforce Information[/size][/font][/url][/#000080][/font][/left] [left][font "Arial"][#000080][size 2]is a combination of both statistical and analytical information which can be used to examine the dynamics of the marketplace and the balance between labor supply and demand.
(410) 767-2250[/size][#000000] [/#000000][/#000080][/font][/left] [left][font "Arial"][#000000][/#000000][/font] [/left] [left][font "Arial"][#000000][/#000000][/font] [/left] [center][font "Arial"][#000000][url "http://www.dllr.state.md.us/wdplan/"][size 2]Demand-Driven Two-Year Workforce Investment Plan[/size][/url][#000080][size 2] [/size][/#000080][/#000000][/font][/center][font "Arial"][#000000] [center][#000080][font "Arial"][size 2]The Division of Workforce Development develops and maintains Maryland's workforce by training, assisting in job searches, providing unemployment insurance compensation, and reporting on the needs and demands of the labor market. [/size][url "mailto:det@dllr.state.md.us"][size 2]E-mail Division of Workforce Development[/size][/url][size 2] for more information.[/size][/font][/#000080] [/center][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
yeah ive been keeping my eyes open around my way...the only job around here would be washing dishes down at this bar...i can also start working for my uncle who owns his own masonry buisiness...which i think would be best for me since i would be learning a good trade and i would be working with people that i know but its also very hard labor.

thanks a lot for the info im gonna take a look at a few of these jobs...see if i like them...if not i alwayz got other opportunities

didnt get to fish today...yet...im thinking of maybe going night fishing for catfish later on tho...maybe catch a few stripers down my community beach also...

this would prolly be the first time ive focused on catfish tho...you know any tips for this?

thanks
[signature]
I say scarf up that job with your unkle. there are only a few days left and it pays better than anything else.

dont sit on the stick, opertunities dwelled upon are opertunities lost. you can bet you last fishing worm that some one else is using the same advice that I have lent you...

no doubt the mason job is hard labor, it also builds mussles and you get paid for building them, it also build chariture. and it is only a few months left.

as for cat fish, if you are looking at cats and not bullheads go with the 0/1 hooks or larger and load them up with crawler, or a big shinner (dead is find so long as it is freshly dead and not moldy) find you a hole in the river or a bend or a log with a swell behind it to cast it in with enuff weight to hold it down there.

many of us use bells to let us know when we get a strike, dont go out alone.
[signature]
yeah, i didnt get to go fishing but im going to use these tips at later dates...I'll be talking to my uncle on sunday about working for him and i should start the very next day...

thanks, and ill keep you up-to-date with all or most of my good catches and how im doing once i get my job[cool]

later
[signature]
went fishing again today...caught a small 10 inch bass on an extra small millinium edition bass assasin along with about 50 bluegills and sunfish...most of them over 8 inches long[cool] and a small 14-16 inch carp on my own homemade recipie...

also i caught some sort of shiner on a plain hook working it like a fly[Tongue] which i tried to use as bait but something bit it and snapped the line...my guess it was a chain pickeral or northern pike
[signature]
well yesterday was a very long day for me...i went fishing early in the morning, caught 2 bass...one over 2lbs. and the other about 12 inches and a nice sized carp(about 24-28 inches) which got off the very last moment and a treble hook got stuck in my right ring finger underneathe the nail.(i shoulda brought a net)[crazy]

but i didnt let that ruin a day of fishing for me...i sat there and fished for another few hours and caught some sunfish and another small bass under 10 inches.

then i went to the hospitol to get the hook out...in which they numbed it up with novacaine...but didnt help much since it was through the nail

happy fishing people[cool]
[signature]
I usualy pull mine in on shore before I grab them, also I usualy use single hooks on mine, I have used treble hooks, I find my suscess rate about the same... hook up and hold on, I pulled a carp in a couple years back that was 36 inches long and weighed 42 pounds on my fly rod...
[signature]
i would pull them up to shore but the problem is...this lake has no shore lol...its all covered with rocks and mesh, from now on i think ill just unhook the carp while they are still in the water...or ill just get a net
[signature]
deffenantly a net then, make sure it is big and stout enuff.

I plant their carcuses in my garden, you should see the tomatos I got this year, 2 pounders. and the plants reached 8 feet in height, I needed a ladder to pick tomatos....
[signature]